Pages:
Author

Topic: What are you doing with your bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 1720 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Imho great place to spend bitcoins for everything else is bitmit.net. Today small auction server, tomorrow better than ebay with only 1,9% against 14% on ebay (eb fees + pp fees)  Shocked
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
im trying to earn bitcoins where i can by selling stuff for example, and if something i can buy using bitcoins im buying. im just trying to switch to bitcoin where i can and not use fiat money.
Activity: 6
hoarding.  both of them.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Then I'll mine/trade/invest, and save 59% of the profits.
Activity: 10
I'm investing my .35 BTC in altcoins, made a nice profit. If I have enough to buy a better mining rig I will.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I am currently hoarding all 100% of my 0.02008738 btc Smiley
Activity: 2
Step 1: Buy BTC
Step 2: Huh
Step 3: Profit!
Activity: 12
hoarding.  divided pretty evenly between bitcoin and litecoin at the moment.  was 100% litecoin before mtgox started having all the troubles
Activity: 42
I ordered a asic the otherday so when that shows up I will start to mine with it. My short term goal is to pay that that one off then I will start to do a couple of things with the coins.
20% will go to investing to stocks
20% will go into cold storage
40% will go into new mining rigs, power for them etc
20% be used to by random things.
Activity: 11
Investing in new business.
Coins are great, but a good business is better Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Saving them, I like the idea of mining because I can generate bitcoin at a relatively fixed rate once I know my equipment cost and electricity cost, then sit on them in a secure fashion and wait for the bitcoin ecosystem to develop more and benefit from the fixed supply/growing demand dynamic.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
trying to get some  Smiley

just build my first miner yesterday, getting familiar with a couple altcoins and litecoin, will probably mine litecoins mostly, may trade to bitcoins, not sure
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Here's my plan.

Buy 1 BTC through MTGox (when/if I get approved).

Trade/mine until I can afford a better miner.

Then I'll mine/trade/invest, and save 50% of the profits.

Use local bitcoins instead, much faster.
Activity: 8
Buying alt coins  Wink
Activity: 23
I initially bought 10 BTC with the intention of saving them. I ended up spending a few (Bitpay is awesome!). Then I invested a bunch in Cloudhashing (might make some income before my BFL comes in.). Just traded my 1BTC paper note to my brother in exchange for an electric bill payment.
Activity: 21
70% are in cold storage for savings
30% are for me to spend in the bitcoin economy... 

I've pretty much mentally checked out of USD so I'm really just waiting for the BTC economy to develop to live w/in it completely Smiley

We need more entrepreneurs!!

~BE
CWO
Activity: 10
Well, I'm brand new to Bitcoin but I figure, if I make the money back on my new video card in 3-4 months, I'll be tempted to buy another and double my hashing power and see how that plays out. If it doesn't work out though, I'll at least have a couple new video cards that I could put to good use. I was in the situation where my old GeForce 9600GT just wasn't cutting it anymore so I bought a Radeon 7790 for mining/gaming. I'm currently dedicating the Radeon to 24/7 mining on an older computer that I also use as an NAS and as long as I see at least some reasonable gains from mining, I'll keep it there.
Activity: 1

Trade/mine until I can afford a better miner.

You mean like buying a new graphic card ??

/Homie
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Just saving,

I havn't seen anything worth buying with btc yet.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I've been buying every chance I get. Saving them up. Once in awhile I will gamble or sell a coin or two but that's about it.
Pages:
Jump to: