Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your favourite theory/paradox? (Preferably scientific). - page 2. (Read 259 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
No comments? Surely there's a few theorists, scientists or philosophers lurking about?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
Bored, so let's share our favourite scientific theories, or even your favourite hoaxes, logical deductions or anything else along the same vein, even if they are completely ridiculous. Heck, even share your favourite TV show theories if the show is widely known.

I'll start.

The one electron universe is a theory whereby John Wheeler proposed that there exists only a single electron in the universe, that propagates itself through space-time in such a way as to appear in multiple places at once.

The One Electron Universe

Another interesting one is the curious case of potential retrocausality in the modified double slit experiment (the delayed choice quantum eraser). This experiment appears to demonstrate information travelling backwards through time to influence the initial conditions of the experiment.

The Delayed Choice Experiment

I'll finish off OP with another interesting one, the variable speed of light hypothesis posits that the speed of c, typically thought of as constant (in vacuum) throughout the universe, may actually be variable. Potentially having ramifications for interstellar travel and more.

VSOL - Variable Speed of Light

Bonus reading;

The Ship of Theseus
Bootstrapping information

For those still reading, a wizard once told me the bearer of captivating theories is paid in merit. Whatever that means.
Pages:
Jump to: