Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your thoughts on selling a bitcoin startup for bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 2521 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
How much? Its a cool idea

Thank you Smiley

Happy to consider all reasonable offers. Please private inbox me or pop me an email to [email protected]

If a sale is made with Bitcoin, it will also add to making a nice founding story - A bitcoin marketplace listed and sold on its own marketplace for bitcoin Cool
I have to give some comment about your website design. In title it is nothing which search engine can read to display result and i doubt you also haven't work on meta tag and description. And also width of site seems to be for mobile only, it only captures 30% of my laptop screen which is obviously not a good design. If you say bitbay is good domain than i also agree on it, but the one who will buy your site have to work on lots of thing to get better display among search engines.

Good Luck On your Sale

Thanks for your comments.
You're right, there has been little SEO work done so that could be added and improved upon greatly.

The fixed width thing is an intentional design feature. We took a mobile first approach and developed an app/website hybrid design.
80-90% of the users shouldn't see or find the extra space too imposing.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
How much? Its a cool idea
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Yeah this is true. It will take hard work to get rolling. However we do feel that we have created a really nice, easy to use website/app and a very marketable brand name that is just perfect for any bitcoin startup.

Our registered business is just parent company with an unrelated name to hold the assets.
The assets (website/app/domain-name/branding) can all be passed onto any company who would like to take over.
There's no incoming revenue or outgoing debts owed to anyone. Just a clean and tidy bitcoin marketplace in a box ready and waiting for someone.

OK, I see.

The best you can do is just to list it on Marketplace board and see if there are any takers. You should offer selling it in official manner, with the legal agreement transferring any IP rights on to the buyer + provide support for a specified period after the sale.

Alternatively, if there are no takers, you can try to find a business partner, who would take the promotion on himself, while you could focus only on technical side.

ps. I cannot access your site atm, so I can't comment on design etc.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have to give some comment about your website design. In title it is nothing which search engine can read to display result and i doubt you also haven't work on meta tag and description. And also width of site seems to be for mobile only, it only captures 30% of my laptop screen which is obviously not a good design. If you say bitbay is good domain than i also agree on it, but the one who will buy your site have to work on lots of thing to get better display among search engines.

Good Luck On your Sale
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Are you talking about selling registered business or just the website?

To be honest I don't think you'll find any buyers. This is one of the hardest type of business to get started, as you need to attract huge number of buyers/sellers all at once. Not to mention that there's already established competition (bitify) and there's a chance ebay will implement bitcoin payments soon (they filed some cryptocurrency payment processing patent applications).
As the founder and developer of a bitcoin startup, I'm very interested to know what your thoughts are on the approach of selling a bitcoin startup, website or business for bitcoin?

We developed bitbay.com in the summer with plans to roll out and grow a solid bitcoin marketplace where anything (legal) could be purchased for bitcoin.
The truth is we never really had the funds to keep it operational or to promote the service to enough people to grow the service organically, and so.. this has led us to consider selling the whole startup to someone who does have the resources needed to make it flourish.

As bitbay.com is a bitcoin startup, we think this is a property that would be best fitted to a bitcoin enthusiast or at least to someone who trades in bitcoin.
Also, as it is a marketplace for trading goods and services for bitcoin, it also makes sense to list the startup itself on its own marketplace to demonstrate its own concept.

What are your thoughts on this?
Pages:
Jump to: