Pages:
Author

Topic: What are your thoughts on USDT? - page 2. (Read 245 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2018, 08:23:17 AM
USDT is supposed to be USD backed token but there are many suspicion around this coin and accusations against them about printing out more USDT token to artificially pump bitcoin price during corrections which are not backed by any real USD in their bank accounts. Also USDT is supposed to be linked with bitfinex exchange which itself is not quite secure platform and have some dark histories.

I mostly trade against  USD or EUR rather than against USDT token. But you can use them temporarily to lock profit on your daily trades.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
March 04, 2018, 07:37:19 AM
USDT is a crypto-currency asset issued on the basis of a bitcoin blockchain through the Omni Layer protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by the US dollar, which inspires confidence. USDT was created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, providing users with a stable alternative to bitcoin and checking exchanges and swallets that are currently unreliable. Thus, we get an extremely reliable and transparent system that relies on the oldest and most secure bitcoin`s blockchain and provides users with a stable asset for national currencies.
Activity: 161
Merit: 12
📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶
March 03, 2018, 07:33:12 PM
Currently, with the USDT crypto, you can completely reassure exchange for this coin because if there is negative news about this USDT, it will not be able to reduce the exchange rate because it is stable at the level of $ 1. I usually exchange USDT when Bitcoin rates or altcoins drop quickly to avoid losses, exchange to USDT then hold and wait until the bitcoin or altcoins rate to the bottom and then buy and hold until the market of cryptocurencies recovery Smiley)))

That is only if it's actually backed by anything and that they even honor it if it is.

USDT is great for selling highs and buying lows or for riding out storms but it's not USD and you need to be aware of that
Activity: 475
Merit: 253
ARCS - A New World Token
March 03, 2018, 06:10:46 PM
USDT is a very important coin in the field of crypto. Remember if BTC crashes,  Alts crashes more.  And the only thing to save the value of your profit or investments is by hedging it to USDT coin.

Hello everyone,

So I just recently got into trading and really loving it. I have to admit I haven't been doing so bad. My main goal is to accumalate as much ETH as I can since Alt coins seem to perform better against it as opposed to Bitcoin.

My main question though is regarding USDT. I've done quite a bit of reading on it and I like that it is a stable coin, but I am very nervous as it seems that the team behind it is quite shady in that they refuse to be audited. I've stayed away from it even though I do see it as very useful to hold any profits incase Ethereum goes down, but I always have this fear that I'll wake up one day to a scandal behind Tether and they would be useless and no one would want them.

What are your thoughts on this coin? and if you have the same anxiety how do you get around it locking in profits?
Activity: 379
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 06:06:23 PM
usdt is nice , becose anytime u feel bad in crypto u can out to usd and have a rest there after u can go to crypto again , before it was very hard becose every time u need to cash out to fiat and loose big % of that , with usdt all become easy and faster . I like it and hope everything will be good in Teather Team and devs.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
The stock photography revolution
March 03, 2018, 05:51:31 PM
Currently, with the USDT crypto, you can completely reassure exchange for this coin because if there is negative news about this USDT, it will not be able to reduce the exchange rate because it is stable at the level of $ 1. I usually exchange USDT when Bitcoin rates or altcoins drop quickly to avoid losses, exchange to USDT then hold and wait until the bitcoin or altcoins rate to the bottom and then buy and hold until the market of cryptocurencies recovery Smiley)))
Activity: 160
Merit: 12
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
March 03, 2018, 05:49:57 PM
So I just recently got into trading and really loving it. I have to admit I haven't been doing so bad. My main goal is to accumalate as much ETH as I can since Alt coins seem to perform better against it as opposed to Bitcoin.

Shouldn't your goal to be to attain most of what you think will do best against usd or your home currency?

My main question though is regarding USDT. I've done quite a bit of reading on it and I like that it is a stable coin, but I am very nervous as it seems that the team behind it is quite shady in that they refuse to be audited. I've stayed away from it even though I do see it as very useful to hold any profits incase Ethereum goes down, but I always have this fear that I'll wake up one day to a scandal behind Tether and they would be useless and no one would want them.

What are your thoughts on this coin? and if you have the same anxiety how do you get around it locking in profits?

There's large uncertainty around tether and a lot of accusations that they don't have funds in reserve and it was used to inflate the price of bitcoin. If these are ever confirmed then the price of tether will tank hard. For that reason I use tether as little as possible.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 05:43:56 PM
Hello everyone,

Pages:
Jump to: