Pages:
Author

Topic: What can you only buy with bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1694 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 09:23:53 AM
Casascius coins perhaps?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2014, 09:03:51 AM
I don't know, probably you should head off to Silk Road Smiley
But the cool think about buying with Bitcoin is the p2p experience without any taxes or middle involved. Of course, most people don't want to buy shit with BTC because they are scared to spend it now as it may go higher in the future. This is a problem. The only people doing steady BTC buys are I think, people that is rich on BTC.

It's also quite easy to buy products that Silk Road sells with cash, mainly because it's untraceable and anonymous.
However, there are some things that you can buy exclusively with Bitcoin, such as WoodWallets or Keychains from woodwallets.io. I believe that there are also other homemade products that can only be bought with Bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 08:10:24 AM
I don't know, probably you should head off to Silk Road Smiley
But the cool think about buying with Bitcoin is the p2p experience without any taxes or middle involved. Of course, most people don't want to buy shit with BTC because they are scared to spend it now as it may go higher in the future. This is a problem. The only people doing steady BTC buys are I think, people that is rich on BTC.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
July 17, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
I believe some mining gear can only be bought with BTC depending on who is selling it. Mining contracts, too.

And an obvious one is altcoins. Although some altcoins can be bought with LTC or DOGE.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
July 17, 2014, 05:00:06 AM
Name some things that only bitcoin can/should be used to purchase? I've been looking online at peoples experiences with crypto products on Ebay, and I found a thread where the OP was selling mining gear, and sees a lot of disputes/refund requests after two weeks of the gear being received. Obviously the buyers are just mining and looking to return, and Ebay have told him they will side with buyers in these cases..

So, what other things are best purchased with bitcoin due to it's irreversible nature?

All online downloadable digital goods: music, movies, books, games.

The transaction is small and digital, so there shouldn't be much room for disputes and frauds. Downloads are irreversible, too.

E.g. http://libertymusicstore.net/

http://humblebundle.com/

Disclaimer: I am the author of the Libery Music Store project above

Apparently credit card fraud is quite common in indie / freemium games - causes problems to small indie game developers. Most likely cardster try out to see if the credit card is working or not.
(Though this answer is more like "things that should be used on sell bitcoin only")

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 17, 2014, 04:59:55 AM
Goes to the legit purposes  Grin

Escrow Contracts which use Bitcoin as the intermediary
Possibly in game currency in the future that uses Bitcoin
A club which demands dues in BTC

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Intrinsic_worth_brainstorming#Goods_and_services_which_are_ONLY_buyable_with_BTC.2C_for_set_prices
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
July 17, 2014, 04:35:14 AM
alternative cryptocurrencies
bitcointalk accounts. Digital gods in general maybe
digital black market services and gods
Activity: 412
Merit: 266
July 17, 2014, 03:48:27 AM
Name some things that only bitcoin can/should be used to purchase? I've been looking online at peoples experiences with crypto products on Ebay, and I found a thread where the OP was selling mining gear, and sees a lot of disputes/refund requests after two weeks of the gear being received. Obviously the buyers are just mining and looking to return, and Ebay have told him they will side with buyers in these cases..

So, what other things are best purchased with bitcoin due to it's irreversible nature?
Pages:
Jump to: