Pages:
Author

Topic: What caused the sudden slump of BTC today? - page 3. (Read 625 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
December 19, 2017, 11:05:48 AM
In my opinion it is just a correction that is happening right now, and in my opinion it is not a crash like the rest of the FUD that are up in the forum, or the wanna cry Ransomware that is spreading across the North Korea right now it is possible, And other than this I can no think of a good reason why bitcoin price slump down right now.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
December 19, 2017, 10:54:18 AM
I'm pretty sure it was the news of the South Korean exchange 'Youbit' that filed for bankruptcy today after another cyberattack on their platform (they've had one earlier this year), this certainly could've caused some panic among asian crypto traders. I've read that the exchange told their customers they had the chance to withdraw some of their funds, so not everything was lost.

But it seems like the price is going up now, it's +18k already on GDAX, so i think we're back on track.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
December 19, 2017, 09:29:13 AM
Probably the bankruptcy of the south korean exchange.

Also, North Korea is suspect of having unleashed the wannacry virus. They can also be suspect of having hacked this exchange.

And theres the opening of CME. Some bankster might have dumped his coins to drop the price and create a snowball effect in futures. Not gonna work.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 09:25:17 AM
Well, nothing can't just always go up, right? even btc needs a breather from time to time. also, it's was a minuscule dip, %-wise.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
AICoin-Leader of Global Cryptocurrency Tickers APP
December 19, 2017, 09:19:25 AM
Just hours ago, BTC started a sudden downtrend, followed by almost all major coins, what's wrong? The regulation from Europe or the bankruptcy of the south Korean exchange? Feel free to share your analysis here.

Another analysis from Kuang Ren today, and he talks about the reason behind the surge of BCH price, you can find most pairs from global major exchanges here: https://www.aicoin.net.cn/chart/5C79AC2D

Analysis:

Finally, BCH is on its way to setting a new all-time high after having been waiting and hiding for so long, such uptrend is beyond the control of main funds who must dump their chips to pull the price down, which is the worst idea.

Therefore, the only option for them is to push price up. For investors, you can keep your chips.

Full version is here:

https://twitter.com/AICoincom/status/943097519617097728
Pages:
Jump to: