Pages:
Author

Topic: What causes older Mobile Phones to Slow Down? - page 2. (Read 1836 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
February 06, 2017, 02:26:16 AM
I think it's mainly because mobile phones have it's life time. I previously had the problem with my samsung s3 phone and it started slowing down at first and eventually died and the issue was on the board. SAme thing happenswith my samsung note 2 that I've used for 3 years I think and had the same slowing down at first symptoms and stopped booting. I think constantly upgrading is important so it will be prevented. I am currently using a cheaper phone and been using it for  a year now and fortunately it don't have any issues yet. I also think it's how the users manages the phone which makes it longer useable and not prone to hardware problems.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 06, 2017, 02:15:26 AM
Major difference is hardware. Hardware is improving, which is making possible for heavier systems to run on then consuming most of the resources and this is how it works.
I still remember Nokia 6600 was launched in 2003. It was the best mobile phone at that time.
Its internal memory was 6 MB, where as an external card was supported. A massive 32 MB  Tongue card was also available which most of the users used to have in there great phone.
We can also say that older devices are not getting slower, but newer ones are getting faster which make older devices feel slower.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
February 06, 2017, 12:14:30 AM
It has to do with the memory space of the phone. If installed apps clog up space, it definitely slows down the phone.
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
February 05, 2017, 03:34:13 PM
Also dust, corrosion, parts wear out. I had a flip phone for so long (8+ years) that the synthetic rubber turned to goo.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 05, 2017, 02:39:16 PM
Hi Dudes...

What causes older Mobile Phones to Slow Down?
Is it because the memory Read/Writes are failing?

Also, why is it, when a mobile phone is left for 6 months in a drawer, the touch screen fails on cheaper phones?

This tends not to happen with Samsung and Apple Phones, but overall, the cheaper the phone, the quicker it degrades....

I wonder sometimes if the touchscreen corrodes or something...

A number of problems arise with old phones:
1. The CPU speed slows when you use it each time by a small amount.
2. More processes need to be run on your phone when you install more things.
3. The logs that are stored can become bigger, such as debug logs.

The souch screen thing seems a little strange though. I don't know why you'd keep it in a drawer for 6 months?
It's probably something to do with sensitivity deceasing due to dust or a failed connection caused by a number of things.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
February 05, 2017, 02:36:23 PM
if you're updating then the software is constantly changing. even if your OS doesn't change, the app updates certainly pile up at an amazing rate and they'll gradually optimize for more powerful machines.

websites are getting more content heavy too and i believe solid state memory gets slower the closer it gets to filling up.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
February 05, 2017, 02:35:09 PM
With computers it's usually software that you installed.
Activity: 53
Merit: 500
Which Doctor?
February 05, 2017, 01:52:50 PM
Hi Dudes...

What causes older Mobile Phones to Slow Down?
Is it because the memory Read/Writes are failing?

Also, why is it, when a mobile phone is left for 6 months in a drawer, the touch screen fails on cheaper phones?

This tends not to happen with Samsung and Apple Phones, but overall, the cheaper the phone, the quicker it degrades....

I wonder sometimes if the touchscreen corrodes or something...
Pages:
Jump to: