Pages:
Author

Topic: What coins can my computer mine? AMD A8-6410 - page 3. (Read 531 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 103
You can mine cryptoknight coins, though I would not really recommend you mine with a laptop as laptops are not really ment to be mined with. Overheating will very much limit the lifespan of your laptop, so you need to have this in mind.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
At one time I tried mining using PC. All I have achieved is the load on the processor, which sometimes prevented me from working at the computer. Perhaps the electricity bill was bigger, but I didn’t notice a significant difference.
For starters, you choose new coins with low complexity; then you still have to buy a minimum of hardware.

But in this case it is easier to simply remain an investor and look for the reasons for your failure. And fix it.
Switching between activities in search of better earnings can hardly get success.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
Like someone said above, this is no longer worthy of my friends, mining using a laptop or computer will only cause your hardware to be obsolete at a cost not worth it for now, we all know the price is down.
But it's still worth trying, do with your own risk, experience is expensive, your experience will be useful for the future, for yourself and others.
Good luck my friend!
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
My PC has a AMD A8-6410 processor up to 2.7 GHz.
Your Processor is a laptop processor means that your PC is a Laptop, yes?
You can mine using it but it won't help you with the "loses", there's a huge chance that it will break before you can even earn the minimum payout.

If you want to try GPU mining, start by buying a full GPU-capable PC first. GPU = Graphics Processing Unit aka. Video Card.
Laptop's integrated or add-on GPUs aren't good for mining since those are built for efficiency and low-energy than performance.

My only suggestion is DYOR before deciding to buy the necessary hardware for mining since it's a one-way ticket.

Is it possible to lease?
You can rent hashrates from some online services like nicehash, but it's worse than actual mining, I don't recommend it.
Also, stay away from "Cloud Mining", 90% of those are scam, the rest are not profitable at the moment.
Activity: 240
Merit: 2
The days of mining with your personal computers are over, unless you want your hardware to be toast for no reward.It is simply not worth the effort.Even many Graphic cards are obsolete.

this is sadly true .. Cry Another strategy is to mine some new coins whatever you think might be useful, before professional miners jumping into them. Maybe not be profitable at the beginning, but hold them until price goes up.!

Speculative mining doesn't make sense as most likely you'll just be mining at a loss and waste electricity.
If mining is more expensive than just buying the coin, it makes more sense just buying the coin.
Currently it depends on your electricity-price if mining is profitable or not.

I have spent a lot of money building up a portfolio since mid 2018 till now. I'm currently running at losses. Mining might be the only way out right now. But I can't afford the complete setup. Is it possible to lease?
The days of mining with your personal computers are over, unless you want your hardware to be toast for no reward.It is simply not worth the effort.Even many Graphic cards are obsolete.

Ooh. Can you recommend the cheapest mining set up one can own. I really want to go into this mining thing. Seems I'm years behind.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10

this is sadly true .. Cry Another strategy is to mine some new coins whatever you think might be useful, before professional miners jumping into them. Maybe not be profitable at the beginning, but hold them until price goes up.!
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
Hi everyone. I'm new to mining and I want to try out GPU mining on my old computer. My PC has a AMD A8-6410 processor up to 2.7 GHz. What coins can I mine with this please?
Pages:
Jump to: