Pages:
Author

Topic: What could cause price of bitcoin to crash?? - page 3. (Read 2117 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
BIP 148 if it fails and lead to chain split. This probably split the price of bitcoin too. I am not an expert but this is my speculation if ever there will be a split in chain. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be a solution for scaling without having the effects like chain split.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
If the bitcoin fees got way too high and transactions getting too much stuck and clogged up, along with a world war three scenario, could be things to help Bitcoin prices crash and also if another Altcoin takes it's place.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Exchanges being hacked are still a great threat... so do not discount that factor. We can also have a situation where the added changes in code,

might contain some major exploit and if this is missed by peer review, it could cause a price crash. We have SegWit and the Lightning Network and

a bunch of new code, so there is a lot of things that might still go wrong. Just look what happened with the BU code and the bugs that were

found.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 508
Merit: 250
In CryptoEnergy we trust
World war 3. When north korea nukes america and start a war. Kim jung un is the key to dump bitcoin badly.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
So in past bubbles it was:
1. collapse of biggest exchange Mt GoX.
2. "Bans of bitcoin in China"
3. ...

What could happen now to cause price crash? I mean, exchanges are so mature now and there are a lot of them, that failure of one exchange wouldn't cause big price drop.
What do you think can cause price of bitcoin to crash?
Pages:
Jump to: