Pages:
Author

Topic: What could possibly go wrong? Please, tell me :) - page 3. (Read 1008 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I have made a program that I run alongside the poker table i play at. When cards are dealt pre-flop, my program will detect the hand I was dealt, the current pot and the number of playing opponents.

Then it simulates poker games to find out what the chances of winning are (approximately, but still) and then uses that data to calculate the expected value of going all-in pre-flop with the hand dealt.

If the expected value is significantly in the positive, it goes all-in, still on the pre-flop. The expected value is calculated under the assumption that at least 1 player calls the all-in, if more players calls it the EV goes even higher.

If no players call, the blinds are collected along with any raises/calls that might have happened before my turn.

If an all-in is lost, the table is left and re-entered with same buy-in.

If an all-in is won, the table is left and re-entered with same buy-in, rinse-repeat.

If it ties, the game is continued unless balance was significantly lowered in which case its treated as a loss.

I started out with 0.01 BTC and I am currently at 0.016 + a withdraw of 0.005 btc.

I must admit though, I had some crazy luck in my test phase. First attempt ever at this strategy, 3/7 players call my all-in and then I win it with a three-of-a-kind from the flop.

So... Any poker adepts out there who can help me optimize this strategy, or tell me if im asking to bust in the long run despite my (carefully) calculated EV.

what program is it?did you build it with programing language?or just using software?
i think it can used for poker only,but its really amazing for me,because i never use that thing,i just play normal and combining between strategy and luck..
Activity: 349
Merit: 101
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Disclaimer: I am not a poker pro.

Neither am I Smiley

If more players raises, I stand to win more money. The chances of some1 having a better hand is also that much larger, but simulations are run with the max amount of possible opponents.

if against 4 opponents, it will generate 4 random hands (excluding unavailable cards) and then play out the round. So it accounts for all players being active in the round before going all-in.

I would think that by assuming the "worst" scenario, it would counter the effect you mention. And since i am all-in, people cant force more money out of me in that round, but simply make a separate pot im not a part of.

It is very mind boggling though, and perhaps better suited for a mathematics forum Wink

legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Are you sure that getting more players pre-flop will increase the EV you are getting? I think more players going all-in will lower the EV because this will increase the variation and the possibility for your better hand (pre-flop) to get beaten on the river for example. I think it's better to get one or two players calling at most and in general try to get isolated calls.

My 2 satoshis.

Disclaimer: I am not a poker pro.
Activity: 349
Merit: 101
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I have made a program that I run alongside the poker table i play at. When cards are dealt pre-flop, my program will detect the hand I was dealt, the current pot and the number of playing opponents.

Then it simulates poker games to find out what the chances of winning are (approximately, but still) and then uses that data to calculate the expected value of going all-in pre-flop with the hand dealt.

If the expected value is significantly in the positive, it goes all-in, still on the pre-flop. The expected value is calculated under the assumption that at least 1 player calls the all-in, if more players calls it the EV goes even higher.

If no players call, the blinds are collected along with any raises/calls that might have happened before my turn.

If an all-in is lost, the table is left and re-entered with same buy-in.

If an all-in is won, the table is left and re-entered with same buy-in, rinse-repeat.

If it ties, the game is continued unless balance was significantly lowered in which case its treated as a loss.

I started out with 0.01 BTC and I am currently at 0.016 + a withdraw of 0.005 btc.

I must admit though, I had some crazy luck in my test phase. First attempt ever at this strategy, 3/7 players call my all-in and then I win it with a three-of-a-kind from the flop.

So... Any poker adepts out there who can help me optimize this strategy, or tell me if im asking to bust in the long run despite my (carefully) calculated EV.

Pages:
Jump to: