Pages:
Author

Topic: What country do you think will recognize Bitcoin as an official currency? - page 9. (Read 2097 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
I think for bitcoin to be a real currency, government have to accept it first.

So I ask what country do you think will recognize it as a currency?

Bitcoin is indeed a real currency.  There are countries who are moving in positive direction of recognizing bitcoin as currency. For that matter Japan has already recognized bitcoin as currency. [1]
Russia is also trying to get hold of bitcoin. One big problem with the bitcoin as currency acceptance is bitcoins nature of decentralized. This lack of control is something bothering govts to act against bitcoin or trade water safely.

[1] http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/02/japan-officially-recognises-bitcoin-currency-starting-april-2017/

I doubt that Russia will adopt bitcoin. For me they are anti crypto-currency. And all the things that they have said for bitcoin and crypto is always changing. So I bet that they are really against any crypto for now.
Its legal tender in Japan. But its not their official currency. It is still Yen. And for that matter, I doubt that any country would make bitcoin their official currency. Its decentralized, volatile. The government or Central Banks of any country don't want any of that nature because its can really affect them financially. They want something that is stable and can be control.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
No country will do this. Any currency must have its projected course. If the national Bank recognizes the foreign currency then there should be the exchange rate and all banks which have a license to operate in the country should take for a bitcoin exchange. How do you imagine banks will update the price. In my country the price of the national Bank shall appoint 1 times a day. Commercial banks have the right to change the price only by 5%. No cryptocurrency can not meet this requirement.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
That is a massive turn of events in one country if they will truly use bitcoin as their main currency. It will be like deleting their history from the paper money that they have been used to.
I always think of it as a payment option but not the main one. But if this will happen then it can only be Japan who can answer to this kind of change. The technology that they have could deal with bitcoin ATM's and other stuff that will deal with bitcoin.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
What is your definition of currency? Japan already accepts Bitcoins as a legal form of payment, though that may not fit your definition completely. No country has really come close to that as far as I know.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268

Bitcoin is indeed a real currency.  There are countries who are moving in positive direction of recognizing bitcoin as currency. For that matter Japan has already recognized bitcoin as currency. [1]
Russia is also trying to get hold of bitcoin. One big problem with the bitcoin as currency acceptance is bitcoins nature of decentralized. This lack of control is something bothering govts to act against bitcoin or trade water safely.

[1] http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/02/japan-officially-recognises-bitcoin-currency-starting-april-2017/
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

Pages:
Jump to: