Pages:
Author

Topic: What defines a successful ICO? - page 2. (Read 271 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 07:55:01 PM
Many factors are crucial to the success of an ICO and I highlight the quality of the project and if it solves any problem, the competence and experience of the team, a good marketing and a hardcap that is not exaggeratedly high.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
June 01, 2018, 08:47:55 AM
To me, what defines a successful ico is how well developed it is, the effort of the manager and management team to coordinate the participants that help promote the project, how much people accept and believe in the project stability, the white paper, the roadmap, the exchange where it is listed and the rating and how much they keep their promise to participants.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 08:44:54 AM
I think, that it is not that hard to raise a lot of money in an ICO anymore, but to be succesful in the long term, get into nice exhanges, improving the product according to the roadmap, that makes in ICO succesful.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
June 01, 2018, 08:40:24 AM
Why do not you know about the promising crypto currency that can help you change your life for the better? Do not waste time - DATABLOCKCHAIN
 https://www.dbc.io
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bxunty-datablockchainio-official-bounty-campaign-thread-3637821
Activity: 471
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
May 29, 2018, 03:53:03 AM
A successful ICO is an ICO that reaches softcap / hardcap in its crowdsale, gets listed in a reputable exchange (not etherdelta or forkdelta) and manages to trade above ICO price so that investors are in profit.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
May 28, 2018, 08:02:08 PM
ICO should be a way to provide opportunities and simplicity to create and build projects that benefit everyone. the nature and criteria of man himself is indeed different. let alone in cryptocurrency. everything is possible. It is none other of us who must be wiser in making decisions
Activity: 473
Merit: 11
May 28, 2018, 07:33:13 PM
What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

This paper argues eventual trading status is more important. 

honestly, think it depends on how much and how fast the fund raised into the ICO, because that terms can make the team and investor of the ICO optimists that projects will be running as expected. Faster the tokensale closed then im sure the projects will follow as in the roadmap
Activity: 476
Merit: 13
May 28, 2018, 07:29:30 PM
If the end result of the product is well established in the market and represents this product-the coin will be strong and will be able to further growth this is the main definition of a successful campaign. But this coin will need to be constantly maintained and improved in the main product for continuous growth!!
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
May 28, 2018, 07:17:58 PM
I believe that the most important guarantee for the success of the project is its development team. Other factors also affect the success of the Ico. But the people who create the project is the most important thing.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
May 28, 2018, 07:17:27 PM
A successful ICO is one that actually produces the product it promises to make and make back its investors
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
May 28, 2018, 07:15:57 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion here though, we have several signs of recognizing a successful ICO. From my own opinion, reaching the hard cap during the crowdsale is a great sign, listing successfully on good exchanges and finally doing multiple times from the ICO price on exchanges.
Activity: 364
May 28, 2018, 07:15:28 PM
There are so many things but mostly is the team,idea,whitepaper,MVP.And also usecase for future.There are so many good ones where they sell only to accredited investors and we cant invest but there are some good ones where we can invest like AITHEON
May 28, 2018, 07:11:03 PM
personally, the success of an ICO is marked by many investors who join it. besides, the ICO that success can be seen from the price of tokens in the exchange. the higher prices of token make the project can be said successful. usually, a successful project will remain crowded although the ICO is finished.
May 28, 2018, 06:46:55 PM
✅ Slightly TRX into the tape: the main network starts after 2 days 19 hours. Do not forget your tokens. It is better to keep them on the exchange, which supports the transition.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
May 28, 2018, 06:35:57 PM
having a quality product so that it can achieve a successful sale. It was for me a successful ICO. by such means, the team running the task well and certainly will provide good impact also on the selling value of the products they have for the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
May 28, 2018, 06:13:34 PM
What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

And who will need project that have raised low funds and\or have a bad idea? From what trader should repelled in decision-making and analysis then? In my opinion should be both. Without collected funds and good ideas(that are connected), the coin will only be fit for a one-time pump.
Activity: 252
May 28, 2018, 05:31:30 PM
Successful ICO must have a good and promising concept, supported by the community. This will lead to its popularity. Also, analysis of the team is very important that is why It is required to look into CV of each team member and if they have had successful ICOs before. Hope this will help you!
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 05:25:49 PM
An ICOs is defined success if it reaches the target of sale the tokens, it commonly said as pre-sale. If the pre-sale of the tokens reaches the target even more, the ICOs can be defined as successful. Other term is reaches the softcap. That my personal understanding to define success ICOs. 
Activity: 168
May 28, 2018, 04:52:18 PM
The ideai behind the project is paramount, then the team behind the project, then another important thing is the ability for the ico to convince the people and build a very strong community are the major things I have seen made an ico successful. This factors will propel the project to reach pass its softcap and mayb eventually hits hardcap.
Activity: 6
May 28, 2018, 04:49:01 PM

I think it defines the success of ICO due to the progress and also it will be listed in the exchange. Not that one also but the number of investors matter most because they will be the one who will pay for it. The platform of the project will eventually a way for the investors to choose what is good of the project. 

Tannerchum, I totally agree with you. The amount of investors is probably the single best determinant for long-term success of a project. If there are 100,000 investors each willing to give $10 for access to the eventual product, I think its for more likely to succeed than 10 investors who each invested $100,000 only to later try to sell their tokens at a higher price.

It would be great to see more projects implement a "maximum" amount per investor.
Pages:
Jump to: