Pages:
Author

Topic: what did you start mining with? - page 2. (Read 2230 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
July 16, 2011, 11:00:53 AM
as a long time folder, starting with a coppermine p3 1.0 years back and now folding with 2 GTX 285s and a Q9650 @ 3.8, Ive always liked the hardware aspect.

so, what hardware did you folks start with back in the day?

as for me a couple month ago i saw bitcoins threads at various hardware sits and pretty much blew it off. like, riiiight.. money from video cards.. as time passed and more threads kept coming up, I started to seriously look into it. at that point I switched my HD4850 (which sucked a folding anyway, but hey science is science) and signed up at the various sites to get the money into a bank account to see if it actually worked. well of course it does.

so.. hardware..

started with the 4850 but soon upgraded to a 6870 in the day to day rig. then replace the HD3850 in the HTPC (it sucked at HTPC duties, no real 23.97 FPS support) with a 6770. HDMI 1.4a!  3D support! 23.97 support! yea!. those pull double duty in the respective rigs  where I can easily justified as legit hardware upgrades. but then..  then a 5830 in an old P4 prescott carcass as a dedicated rig in the basement.

guess the bug has bit. 800-850 M/Hash total. fun,  I know its not gonna make me rich but its more hardware to play with and I can fold with it later if I want.

anyone else want to tell their hardware story?
Pages:
Jump to: