Pages:
Author

Topic: What do I do with my bitcoins ? - page 3. (Read 358 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
September 19, 2019, 12:28:14 PM
I am in mid 20's and holding and accumulating as much BTC as I can. I try to save a small amount of bitcoins every month so that I can do something with it when I retire.
But what if something unfortunate happens to me. What should I do 'now' so that the coins can be used for a good purpose in the future by the right person.
I know I can hide the instructions to the private key for somebody to take it in the future. But my question is whom should I give it to ?

I do not want to give it to my relatives or children since I want them to earn on their own and never depend on others money.
I know I can donate it to charity but what's the guarantee that the money will be gone into good hands and will be used for the right purpose ?

Are there any options that you guys think of ? Have you guys thought about such a scenario ?

Edit 1:
You can donate to any FOSS foundation that takes bitcoin if you prefer that.
This guy deserves some merits. This is the best answer I have read in all the posts. What's the best I can do with my bitcoins ?
Bitcoin is open source so why the hell not donate the money to the open source community itself.

Second best option is to use the money for family medications in the future. May be using the money for health insurance of my family or creating a will to use the money when my family is in need of medications.
Pages:
Jump to: