Pages:
Author

Topic: What do the Super Rich (1%) Think of Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 203 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32
Only 8% or 25,000,000 Americans have Bitcoin.

1 US Dollar = 120 Japanese Yen. Who will buy Bitcoin in other countries ??

At $800, bitcoin gets seriously considered against Gold. Super-rich people will buy gold, land, houses/mansions, factories, businesses (hotels etc..). That is how they made their money.

Activity: 308
Merit: 8
This is good to the bitcoin community. Hope rising statements by those gurus in business. Therefore it means that bitcoin has come to stay and remains the future of all financial transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, instead of wasting your time in making these kinds of topics, why not start reading about the history of Bitcoin, its politics and what makes Bitcoin "Bitcoin".

I believe you would get more merits for that if ranking up is what you want.

A good way to start is to search about "Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash politics" online.
Activity: 221
Merit: 101
It's funny that to be in the world's top 1% earners, you need to earn just $34k per year. If you're an average earner in the US or Western Europe you are probably "super-rich" by that definition.

Multimillionaire superstar entrepreneurs such as Richard Branson or Marc Andreessen are backing bitcoin. Just to name two. I think most of the super-rich will have strong opinions against anything that can threaten the economic status quo in such a radical way as Bitcoin has the potential to.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Bill Gates said it is an "exciting" invention.

Elon Musk said that Bitcoin “is probably a good thing”

John McAfee said: "I don't know if it will be Bitcoin or multiples [of different currencies] but there will be a cryptocurrency standard for the world whether governments like it or not."

On the other hand, some affluent people are skeptical. For example, back in 2014, Warren Buffett said:

"It's a method of transmitting money. It's a very effective way of transmitting money and you can do it anonymously and all that. A check is a way of transmitting money, too. Are checks worth a whole lot of money just because they can transmit money? Are money orders? You can transmit money by money orders. People do it. I hope bitcoin becomes a better way of doing it, but you can replicate it a bunch of different ways and it will be. The idea that it has some huge intrinsic value is just a joke in my view."

I don’t know what he thinks about Bitcoin now, but since his interview the market cap of Bitcoin has grown massively.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Everyone in 2018 is talking about the potential of cryptocurrencies since the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto released a nine-page paper explaining the technology in 2009.
All have their opinion about its approximate 743 percent gain in the past 12 months.
Here are statements from people considered as Richest 1%:

HOWARD SCHULTZ, Starbucks Corp. Chairman and Founder on 01/25/2018:

“I believe that we are heading into a new age in which blockchain technology is going to provide a significant level of a digital currency that is going to have a consumer application. And I believe that Starbucks is in a unique position to take advantage of that.”

WARREN BUFFETT, Chief executive officer, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and billionaire investor on 10/29/2017:

“People get excited from big price movements, and Wall Street accommodates … You can’t value Bitcoin because it’s not a value-producing asset.” It's a “real bubble.”

PETER THIEL, Co-founder, PayPal and billionaire venture capitalist on 10/26/2017:

Bitcoin critics are “underestimating [it] … It's like a reserve form of money, it's like gold and it's just a store of value. You don't need to use it to make payments.”

BILL GATES, Co-founder, Microsoft Corp. on 10/02/2014:

“Bitcoin is exciting because it shows how cheap it can be. Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place and, of course, for large transactions, currency can get pretty inconvenient.”

By the way, What do you think about the Bitcoin?
Write what you think about bitcoin in comments. Let's see what people over here have to say about bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: