Pages:
Author

Topic: What do women want? - page 5. (Read 2378 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 25, 2014, 08:27:53 AM
Maybe you need to ask yourself why in societies when women gain control, societies collapse, when the next society starts with women having no rights?
Runs a lot deeper than you think.
Actually sex in history is a pretty good book about the whole thing, and it has nothing to do with the sexual act, just behaviors throughout history and the behaviors have not changed.
Now I'm sure you will jump all over me about being sexist, but when I am in a a position of authority, I hire women, they actually do a better job… But then again they also bring a lot of stupid drama also. But it's always fun to see how the men react to it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 25, 2014, 08:19:16 AM
Sigmund Freud asked the above question and apparently didn't have an answer. Men are still asking it, often with a mixture of annoyance and confusion. Women are obviously different from men so must want something in life that is....well....different. Men would like to know what that is....so I am going to tell them.

We want the same things that men want. Freedom, respect, friends, family, a meaningful job, good sex, enough money and material goods, a sense of belonging to a community and being in control of things that affect our lives. Its not really difficult guys. We all want the same things in life.

The problem is ....some men, including some women, don't want us to have these things. They don't want us to automatically share life's expectations the way men can and do. They would rather give or grant us certain of these things and keep the rest to themselves. They will dole them out to us if it pleases them to do so but we shouldn't expect to be "entitled" to them.

The culprits in all this is custom and religion. Traditional religions have been quite clear as to what a woman's place in society must be and men and some women have turned it into a custom with very strict rules that women must obey. Even in modern societies many men still have a problem with the concept of the equality of the sexes. They just don't get it. They also don't want it. Many societies still believe women don't have the right to want what men want. Its a form of control.  As with seals there can only be one "beach master" and its never female.

That's the way I see it. What about you?
Pages:
Jump to: