Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you call Betting in your culture? - page 2. (Read 154 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
Is it acceptable to Bet (not necessarily with money) in your culture/language?  Still trying to understand why the modern world hardly see it as something we should engage in. The funny thing about this is that most humans today regularly or occasionally Bet without realizing it.
Do you know that the Holy Bible didn't condemn betting? infact, servants of the CREATOR even engaged in betting to help them determine the mind of the CREATOR on something. It's actually called "Lot" (casting Lot or something)
So, what do you call it in your culture, is it considered a bad thing, if yes ,why?

In my country betting is very common. In every large Street we have at least bookmaker chain. And even though betting is only above 18 years, there is tons of advertising everywhere. I always thought that the bible prohibits gambling and betting for money. But I am not really religious, so I don't follow the bible.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
This is the problem mate because almost half of the people around the world don't believe in what you are saying , don't even believe in that bible so your thread only applies to some and against to others.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
What I've heard the most is that the game is a bad habit. There are people who have ended up ruined by gambling, though they are far from the norm, and I tend to believe that those people, even if the game didn't exist, would have ruined their lives otherwise. In other words, gambling problems are a symptom, not the cause. 
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Is it acceptable to Bet (not necessarily with money) in your culture/language?  Still trying to understand why the modern world hardly see it as something we should engage in. The funny thing about this is that most humans today regularly or occasionally Bet without realizing it.
Do you know that the Holy Bible didn't condemn betting? infact, servants of the CREATOR even engaged in betting to help them determine the mind of the CREATOR on something. It's actually called "Lot" (casting Lot or something)
So, what do you call it in your culture, is it considered a bad thing, if yes ,why?
Pages:
Jump to: