Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you expect to happen to bitcoin in a year's time - page 2. (Read 3597 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 501
betwithbtc.com
- Bitcoin ATMs will be found in a couple of hundred major metropolitan areas;

If nothing else, I enjoyed that.

Bitcoin ATM is planning 200 Bitcoin ATMs worldwide by Q3 2012.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.461848
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

If nothing else, I enjoyed that.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
I expect the community to have died out because of trolls and flamewars.
Bitcoin will see it's biggest depression and biggest rise aswell in the meantime,
in about a year i expect the value to be about 300-500 USD, not all because bitcoin went up so much but also because the dollar is tanking, as is the euro Smiley And we're just getting started!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
If ever bitcoin approaches the verge of success, it will be snuffed out by world governments. If there is real demand for such a thing it will be revamped by apple or google or some such and they will fix the major flaw of anonymity/irreversibility. In 5-10 years bitcoins will be a relic just like snap bracelets and pogs, a sign of the times and a subject of ridicule.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Boy, you guys have fertile imaginations.
Indeed, I’m not so sure whether that’s called delusion or hope.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Boy, you guys have fertile imaginations.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Some revolutionary apps will be developed that exploit bitcoin's strengths over traditional payment systems. In a year, a bitcoin will evolve into the new gold-standard of crypto-currencies with several other blockchains branced off for related use. The technology itself is more important than the original blockchain, but the Nakamoto blockchain will grow in value. Bitcoin will be a household name and a statue of Nakamoto will be constructed on Wall Street. =p
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
It appears that the demand for Bitcoins is slightly outpaced by the inflation for the past few months at about a $1 decline per week outside of a few hype bumps.

I see a slow steady decline that will decline slower and slower until it holds steady early into 2012.

With innovation and more interest will bring about a steady increase of people investing in Bitcoin.

Shortly before the reward for blocks goes from 50 to 25 things will shift and Bitcoin will steadily increase from there outside of a few dips thanks to scare tactics by governments and other currencies and jumps due to big news.

So over the next year I see this:

\__/
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
i have no idea.

if i had to guess, id say either $10-$15 range or sub $1... with wild swings in price along the way. 
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
- Point-of-Sale machines will have been developed and deployed by multiple exchanges.  Open-source Point-of-Sale machines will also exist.  Combined deployment by August 2012 will be at nearly 1000 units;

- Within most G-20 countries, buying Bitcoins will be as easy as buying anything else, whether online or from a brick-and-mortar location or ATM;

- The Bitcoin client will be user-friendly and safe (encrypted).  Several reliable and proven e-wallet options will be available.  Exchanges will also act as e-wallets;

- The term "Bitcoin" will be as well-known as "Bluetooth," "Android," or "Kindle" is today, i.e. common-dog to your average technically inclined 30-something;

- Bitcoin usage will just start to become pervasive in the school-yard, as kids begin playing bitcoin-based gambling games against each other.  Without cash, they can hide their activities from their teachers and parents.  Kids will ask for Bitcoins as birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, instead of pre-paid debit cards;

- Online gambling will have begun the shift to the Bitcoin world, for gamblers to have pseudo-anonymity, avoid geographic boundaries, and enjoy nearly instant deposits and withdrawals.  0.2% (two tenths of one percent) of all online gambling will take place in Bitcoin;

- At least one major online retailer (company worth > $500 million) will accept Bitcoin;

- 5% of all eBay transactions will be settled in Bitcoin, mostly to avoid PayPal fees;

- Some online games will incorporate Bitcoin as their in-game currency;

- The Bitcoin Show will upgrade their studio to incorporate desks, so that Manny and Bruce's sperm-count can recover from the incessant laptop heat;

- Bitcoins will be worth between $150 and $200 each.

You sir,
Are way to optimistic.
Though, this is the speculation board of course.
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
betwithbtc.com
- Point-of-Sale machines will have been developed and deployed by multiple exchanges.  Open-source Point-of-Sale machines will also exist.  Combined deployment by August 2012 will be at nearly 1000 units;

- Within most G-20 countries, buying Bitcoins will be as easy as buying anything else, whether online or from a brick-and-mortar location or ATM;

- The Bitcoin client will be user-friendly and safe (encrypted).  Several reliable and proven e-wallet options will be available.  Exchanges will also act as e-wallets;

- The term "Bitcoin" will be as well-known as "Bluetooth," "Android," or "Kindle" is today, i.e. common-dog to your average technically inclined 30-something;

- Bitcoin usage will just start to become pervasive in the school-yard, as kids begin playing bitcoin-based gambling games against each other.  Without cash, they can hide their activities from their teachers and parents.  Kids will ask for Bitcoins as birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, instead of pre-paid debit cards;

- Online gambling will have begun the shift to the Bitcoin world, for gamblers to have pseudo-anonymity, avoid geographic boundaries, and enjoy nearly instant deposits and withdrawals.  0.2% (two tenths of one percent) of all online gambling will take place in Bitcoin;

- At least one major online retailer (company worth > $500 million) will accept Bitcoin;

- 5% of all eBay transactions will be settled in Bitcoin, mostly to avoid PayPal fees;

- Some online games will incorporate Bitcoin as their in-game currency;

- The Bitcoin Show will upgrade their studio to incorporate desks, so that Manny and Bruce's sperm-count can recover from the incessant laptop heat;

- Bitcoins will be worth between $150 and $200 each.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
I'd pay quite a bit to get a 1year bitcoin-mindwipe so that I could get my productivity back Wink

^^This!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
Much higher than now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
No idea where the price will be but HIGHER  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Say you invested $1000 to buy a little under 100 bitcoins at current prices, and completely forget about bitcoin and come back in exactly one year.

Be careful of those cheap mindwipe services.  If someone is offering to sell you those bitcoins at near market price with a free or cheap mindwipe thrown in - you can bet they're doing it just to steal your bitcoins.
Best to get your mindwipe from someone who knows very little about bitcoins, or at least has nothing to do with your bitcoin transactions.

I'd pay quite a bit to get a 1year bitcoin-mindwipe so that I could get my productivity back Wink

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Say you invested $1000 to buy a little under 100 bitcoins at current prices, and completely forget about bitcoin and come back in exactly one year.

What do you expect the price to be? The community? The bitcoin itself?
Pages:
Jump to: