Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you look for when buying new coins? - page 5. (Read 1023 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 09:07:58 AM
I think people will jump from one coin to other to make quick profits with seeing the potential about the coin. But for me, I always research the coin is being supported by the community or not. At the same time at the time ICO, whether the coin has been sold in short period of time, means then the will surely have potential.

Didn't even think about the post ICO signs, have only invested in one so far which was prob a bad idea, thanks for the response as is really useful to get ideas from the community here.
October 03, 2017, 09:06:20 AM
most people just look at the social media and jump in whatever is hot and whatever others are telling them to buy. that is why most of them lose most of the time!

i am no expert but what i look for is fist the chart, to see how that coin is doing. sometimes there are deal breakers for me like if the coin was recently pumped and if i see the price in a bubble.
if i don't, then it is a good investment chance. then i look for the hype. that is the social media to see if it has anything coming to it in the future which can indicate a pump.

of course there is a riskier way that i have been messing around with and that is watching the market every second and as soon as you see a rise, you jump in and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the insight and lol, me too on your last point but get really obsessive on a day-to-day basis as the markets are so volatile (and makes me go blind!) Is so hard to try and read the markets either way and have started to dabble, hoping I can learn how to read the pumps better!
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
October 03, 2017, 08:02:34 AM
I read the coin's whitepaper and check the community behind it.
I also search if there's already a coin with the same idea and if so why it failed and could be improved.
For extra confirmation if the coin is good priced, I do some calculations to see what the price would be if the supply was equal to that of Bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
October 03, 2017, 07:59:33 AM
I think people will jump from one coin to other to make quick profits with seeing the potential about the coin. But for me, I always research the coin is being supported by the community or not. At the same time at the time ICO, whether the coin has been sold in short period of time, means then the will surely have potential.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
October 03, 2017, 07:56:38 AM
most people just look at the social media and jump in whatever is hot and whatever others are telling them to buy. that is why most of them lose most of the time!

i am no expert but what i look for is fist the chart, to see how that coin is doing. sometimes there are deal breakers for me like if the coin was recently pumped and if i see the price in a bubble.
if i don't, then it is a good investment chance. then i look for the hype. that is the social media to see if it has anything coming to it in the future which can indicate a pump.

of course there is a riskier way that i have been messing around with and that is watching the market every second and as soon as you see a rise, you jump in and enjoy the ride.
October 03, 2017, 06:55:38 AM
Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some
inputand successes he community has had in such a volatile environment.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: