Pages:
Author

Topic: what do you think about Bitcoin, Visa, Mastercard and Paypal - page 2. (Read 1125 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
pretending bitcoin needs to do more tx/s than mastercard, paypal and visa combined is like pretending that bitcoin has to be the sole currency for atleast  4billion people.

bitcoin does not need to be used as the sole currency for half of the world. it doesnt even need to be the sole currency for quarter..

the UK pound is a currency that is successful but for under 70million people.. thats just 1%
things like stocks and shares are only used by, again only 1% of the population directly
gold is traded by even less.

but..... they are all active and successful currencies and investments. thus they dont care about tx/s figures..

in my eyes its mastercard and visa that are the worried people. so they dont just tell you the tx/s of their UK bank accont holders.. they dont just tell you the tx/s of their american account holders.. but instead they group together all tx's of all the different databases and networks they have to try to bulk up their presence to look like a giant.

but in short mastercard UK works on a different database, different network than mastercard US. same for visa UK/Visa US.
and for anyone ever using these. when you look at the live balance in the bank account it always has 'balance' and 'available funds' and many people see upto a 2 day delay before the tx tallies with actual balance..

thus mastercard and visa are just crap and they know it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Have to agree with RawDog in a way in regards to the developers but with that said, I do believe that the issues at hand will be addresses especially on the scalability. I think this is one of the most important issues to get sorted out.

Once that is in place bitcoin won't have to stand back for any other payment platform like Visa etc...

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I guess you didn't know this, but anything you do with ANY credit card is tracked is different with bitcoin is anonymous
I guess you didn't know this, but bitcoin is not anonymous.  

are you able to track my name/general info, if i just send one bitcoin from one address to another? i guess no

so yes it's anonymous, until you reveal yourself by purchasing something
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
We have great devs and we will just keep attracting more and more smart people. Solutions will be created.
wtf?  'our' devs are fucking idiots.  Half of them work for Blockstream and they are trying to wreck bitcoin with a ball and chain of 1Mb blocks so their 'sidechain' money maker system can be sold.  The other half of devs like mike hearn and gavin can't get the group to work together.  It is MAD disorganization.  It ASSURES that bitcoin development will be fucked for many years. 

In the real world, a leader needs to step up and make a final decision when two disagreeing groups arrive at an impass.  In bitcoin, an impasse means total end to the entire system. 
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
I guess you didn't know this, but anything you do with ANY credit card is tracked is different with bitcoin is anonymous
I guess you didn't know this, but bitcoin is not anonymous. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I think that great challenges are in front of Bitcoin. How we will progress, how we will scale, how we will improve every aspect of Bitcoin are many questions? In the answers of these questions also lays the answer of the Bitcoin's future.

I believe that Bitcoin will scale successfully, in this way or another. We have great devs and we will just keep attracting more and more smart people. Solutions will be created.

Also in this article lays the answer of Bitcoin's potential. And potential is really huge!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
U will never know the true answer, before you try
what do you think about Bitcoin, Visa, Mastercard and Paypal Huh
after i read this article
http://coinjournal.net/bitcoin-will-need-to-scale-to-levels-much-higher-than-visa-mastercard-and-paypal-combined/

i think in future bitcoin will be famous and more often used than other payment method

Pages:
Jump to: