Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about Pump-dump groups? - page 2. (Read 1550 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
I'm starting to see a lot of threads regarding pump and dump groups in the forums with some links to the Telegram groups associated with them. With all honesty, what do you think about these groups and do you support them?
They're just making some pump and dump to make their money grow ofcourse how they can earn money if they don't have some action to do with it they're also a plenty groups who actually to manage the dumping as well. Maybe these are supporters nor enemy of one coin but to have an profit.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
They're tiddlers and stupid ones at that. I observed one highly touted pump. It went up 20% on a volume of about 0.1 BTC. And they wouldn't have been able to get any profit out without crashing again anyway.

The real pumpers won't tell you a fucking thing in advance.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
I'm starting to see a lot of threads regarding pump and dump groups in the forums with some links to the Telegram groups associated with them. With all honesty, what do you think about these groups and do you support them?

I've came across pump-dump groups on online game markets in the past. While I'm not sure, I think it has the same methods and goals.

You may think you can make big profits, it's kinda unlikely, unless you can outsmart the system. The person who makes the most profit is the one who calls when to buy or sell whatever cryptocurrency, as he makes the first transactions.

Ex. Caller says "buy EOS". The price of EOS will then rise a bit depending on how many members the group has. But before the caller makes that call, he buys EOS first so he gets EOS on lower prices. Same concept when the caller calls the sells.
It seems I am beginning to understand what this is all about. I recently joined one on telegram though I have no idea what it was all about really but was just curious as to what it could be. So there is no possibility of someone not getting nabbed at the end by the leader of the so called groups. Not like they are helping anyone, they are mainly helping themselves by leading some of us who are gullible into a hot fire! I'm running away! I wish I have some trading skills, won't be bothering myself with all these shits.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Most pump groups are just a way to suck money out of people. Especially groups that require a subscription fee to join fall into this category.
You pay the fee and the founder of the group has some free cash to invest, then he gives you a fake call, group members buy and he sells into their pump = easy money, easy life. Conclusion? Stay away from pump groups, unless you personally know the founders and know you can trust them.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 653
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
I have said it already before that and I repeat it again that all these pump and dump groups are scam and hence waste of time and money. The people who create such groups are the ones who gain and make good money out of these groups others only lose. It is made to believe that the creators of such groups are trading experts and have a great experience in trading but the fact is they are just scammers. If we love bitcoin and if we love the concept of cryptocurrency then we should not only avoid such groups but also help our fellow members and advise them not to become a part of such groups.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
Is it really possible to manipulate the markets like they advertise,you need a good amount of money to do that,may be they could manipulate the low volume coins,other than that it could not work in the high volume coins,i am not a member of any of these groups so i am not sure how they work.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I think these threads should be closed. Pump and dumps are illegal and just because it is difficult to enforce in crypto doesn't mean it is suddenly ok to take part in it.

Maybe people will learn their lessons at one point after they realize it is usually the group owner that really makes the big profits.

Yes! Agreed. Pump--and-dumps have gotten out of control and are a toxic presence in the crypto community.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I think these threads should be closed. Pump and dumps are illegal and just because it is difficult to enforce in crypto doesn't mean it is suddenly ok to take part in it.

Maybe people will learn their lessons at one point after they realize it is usually the group owner that really makes the big profits.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)
I think pump and dumps are a scam. Probably the bigger members who have the most coin will be a secret of what they are doig, then they tell the noobies what to buy, but the secret is they already are selling it to noobies and price is alreaady up.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
i don't really concern about these groups even more likely to avoid them because i don't really sure about their reputations and my friend had bad experience that he has joined the groups such as this and decide to buy the particular altcoin because they says it will pump after days but unfortunately it was never happened and my friend has been lost his money so after seeing this incident i personally decide to not believe them

This are all ways of scamming users, if a group or person want to pump or dump a coin how will he inform you, even if they inform first they will buy it in low and after that they will inform so that on high note they can sell it. Their is no real pump and dump group online.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
i don't really concern about these groups even more likely to avoid them because i don't really sure about their reputations and my friend had bad experience that he has joined the groups such as this and decide to buy the particular altcoin because they says it will pump after days but unfortunately it was never happened and my friend has been lost his money so after seeing this incident i personally decide to not believe them
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
we have a saying in my language (a bit silly when translated to English but here it goes):
"A cat doesn't catch a mouse for God!"

and whenever i see a pump group this expression is the only thing i can think of. because they are not starting a group to help newbies make profit. they are doing it so they can make profit.

The worst part of pump and dump groups is that they are taking advantage of newbies. Instead of helping them with knowledge, they take advantage off them by making money off them. I just hope that the newbies won't quit crypto just because they got tricked into joining such schemes, especially the ones that asks for money for joining. It's just sick.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG

People don't realize what the actual scam is though, the people they 'recruit' are the ones being scammed. By the time the new members dump they're last to know and stuck holding the bag of shit.
Activity: 714
Merit: 501
Pump and dump groups are not only "bad" because there are more people that lose money than those that benefit from them.

They are also "bad for the Bitcoin ecosystem" because they are driving up volatility in an exaggerated way - and so make Bitcoin more useless for everyday transactions.

It would be much better if people, instead of joining "pump and dump" groups, joined "rebalancing groups". These are trading groups that adopt the "contrarian" trading model. They sell when Bitcoin is overheating and buy when most people are panicking - so they are doing the same or even more profits than PoD groups, but instead of exaggerating volatility they help to reduce it.

Here is a recent initiative with some theory behind it, for such a "rebalancing group".

i don't think you can really have a group for pump and dump in bitcoin. and as the market grows bigger it becomes harder to make such groups.
all these pump and dump groups so far have been working with altcoins only and most of them are only exclusive to what we call "shitcoins" the altcoins that are too small and dead with no volume. it is because the smaller the market is the easier it becomes to manipulate it.
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
Not worth the money and time in my opinion, it's only to manipulate the people joining it, so they are helping them instead to getting something with it
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Pump and dump groups are not only "bad" because there are more people that lose money than those that benefit from them.

They are also "bad for the Bitcoin ecosystem" because they are driving up volatility in an exaggerated way - and so make Bitcoin more useless for everyday transactions.

It would be much better if people, instead of joining "pump and dump" groups, joined "rebalancing groups". These are trading groups that adopt the "contrarian" trading model. They sell when Bitcoin is overheating and buy when most people are panicking - so they are doing the same or even more profits than PoD groups, but instead of exaggerating volatility they help to reduce it.

Here is a recent initiative with some theory behind it, for such a "rebalancing group".
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
No,we should not support them.They already buy some altcoins and just need us to pump their coins more.If we trust them and buy those coins,then we would have to face loss as we don't know clearly when those coins would be dumped.Those groups have to be avoided.
If you are really dumb enough then you will definitely fall into the trap on which you would buy a certain coin and been left by those groups because they did already secure their profits when you are still buying that coin which is really a disaster thats why i dont really trust pump groups because you would really act as a dummy and just been used for their purpose.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
we have a saying in my language (a bit silly when translated to English but here it goes):
"A cat doesn't catch a mouse for God!"

and whenever i see a pump group this expression is the only thing i can think of. because they are not starting a group to help newbies make profit. they are doing it so they can make profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
They are all scams! Most operate schemes similar to the forex trading signals scams where you pay a monthly fee to receive trading signals. These pump and dump groups will in due time ask for a fee in order to receive updates of the coin that they'll be pumping next, which is all a fallacy!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I just ignore them and if I reply to a thread like that, it would be to deter people from joining.
Especially if they charge you membership fees to be able to join.

I'm also not fan of what they're doing, I don't think it's very good for altcoins to get pumped like that without any real reason. It really screw up the market and it tricks people into buying something that's not worth it.
Pages:
Jump to: