Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about the Facebook Libra cryptocurrency idea? - page 2. (Read 719 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
I am against this.

They are givingg Mark Zuckerberg a chance to dominate the financial industry.
If this goes on then he will be a part of the manipulators of the world which we all dont want to since our privacy can also be in danger.
Why? Facebook. A lot of people are using that application for ease in communicating with their love ones.
It cannot be stopped and it is still growing everyday.

Now, he have your money and also your information. What do you think is next?

So what do you suggest? Prohibit the creation of Libra, and then ban all cryptocurrencies?
Libra will be created and will be a centralized coin, just like Ripple. It depends on each of us individually whether we want to use it or not. Personally, I also think that this project will bring more bad than good, but certainly the idea of ​​blocking it is even worse.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 255
libra is a stable coin like USDT, the idea of libra might want to rule the world in terms of payment I think libra will compete with us dollar. but in recent months the news of Libra has gotten worse and many of their partners left Libra because many countries do not support the presence of Libra.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
I think Libra will not be successful as bitcoin, eventhough it has Facebook by it's side because a lot of people have doubts in this project that there is nothing special about it and it nay cause a havoc in cryptocurrency, that is why it is possible that there are only few people who will get interested in Libra.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Libra also experienced resistance in several European countries. Germany and France have rejected Libra because they fear Libra will threaten their financial stability. and also the supporting company also decided to leave. this will be bad news for libra. it hasn't been officially released yet but has experienced a lot of rejection. we wait whether in 2020 libra will be launched?
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
I am against this.

If this goes on then he will be a part of the manipulators of the world which we all dont want to since our privacy can also be in danger.
Why? Facebook. A lot of people are using that application for ease in communicating with their love ones.

Yes, I also think so, if such resources are used to manipulate the market and the monopoly, it’s scary to think what will happen
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
The name & brand of Zuckerberg has become synonymous with data breaches and gross negligence of privacy of customers (and sociopathic tendencies Smiley ), 2 issues that are taken very seriously in the crypto space, so it's extremely unlikely for Libra to gain any traction amongst crypto enthusiasts.

Now that mainstream also seems to be gradually and decisively turning against Libra, chance are increasing for it to be a total failure before it even launches...
Activity: 569
Merit: 88
Credibility: 999
When I created this topic, I did say something about the Libra airdrop (which I didn't know if it was fake or not). I even tried contacting Facebook on twitter but.... To no avail. Here's the link to the airdrop page; maybe you can determine if it's fake or not.
Link: https://bit.ly/33yHGmT
Nothing intresting behind this idea actually. Just another one fake cryptocurrency

Easy man.... I don't think that Libra is fake. The topic was to share you idea concerning what you think about the effect that Libra will bring to the world.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Nothing intresting behind this idea actually. Just another one fake cryptocurrency
Recently there is some companies who decided to leave the association such as visa, paypal, and mastercard. I guess their decision to leave the corporation just because they will find a stalemate.

Yeah, it is not cryptocurrency because the libra coin will backed by some fiat currency and it is not decentralized. We can see what will happen after Mark Zukemberg meet the government of US.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
Activity: 1260
Merit: 505
Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
I've been hearing a lot lately that a lot of company partnership of Libra are already pulling out. Well I don't blame them, Libra ain't doing good enough compare on what's expected. Libra came from a famous company that's why it gained a lot of attention at first but now, it's not even achieving much noise in the market. Mark should just focus on facebook. Facebook is very famous but not all users even gave their attention on Libra at all.
their partnerships stopped because major campaigns are afraid of government sanctions. I am sure that if Libra can give to the state what it wants - all these campaigns will come back again and will ask Facebook to restore partnership
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
I am against this.

Activity: 574
Merit: 14
It is basically the control of money to a tech company, much like what the central bank does with fiats- Tech company and not the people. Unlike bitcoin where the power lies with the people. That is why Libra is facing so much legal hurdle to over come, losing so much of their partners. It does not in a good way represent a decentralization or 'trustless' money
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
Libra is a stable coin, many people regret it, because there isn't much that can be done in investing with it. But I see from the other side. Mass adoption of cryptocurrency for something real, especially those involving large communities like Facebook. With the legality and support of official and independent associations, this makes cryptocurrency one step closer. I came to think that there have been obstacles that have been deliberately carried out in order to maintain the existence of an existing "body". If this is truly realized, there will be changes that are more real and legal than cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
I've been hearing a lot lately that a lot of company partnership of Libra are already pulling out. Well I don't blame them, Libra ain't doing good enough compare on what's expected. Libra came from a famous company that's why it gained a lot of attention at first but now, it's not even achieving much noise in the market. Mark should just focus on facebook. Facebook is very famous but not all users even gave their attention on Libra at all.

Now the bigger question is that if Libra can take off in 2020! I guess no! It is facing a lot of regulatory challenges already and many popular brands are pulling away their association from Libra. I will be surprised if they can roll out this project in another 5 years!

So Libra will not be launched in 2020 then what about some articles about preaching Libra, because many say after coming Libra the development of cryptocurrency will increase, there is also a mention that the coming of Libra will bring chaos in the market, so which is more correct.
I don't think Libra will create market chaos. According to many sources, Libra is a stable currency, so Libra will compete with stable currencies like USDT instead of Bitcoin or ETH. Therefore it will not create chaos.

Don't be too sure about it.... You don't just expect success like that. This is the same thing I said in one of my previous topics about bitcoin. You can't just be thinking of bitcoin increasing ASAP; also think of it reducing and crashing too. Same case here... Don't be too sure about the success of Libra. While seeing the success, remember that there's no great success without great challenges. In other words, Libra "could" create a lot more than chaos.
Some say it should be given a chance.
But that is a NO for me.
Do not give that Zuckerberg anymore power specially when it comes to monetary.
He already had facebook, what the hell is he still aiming for?
I just dont get it. Does people greed really that unstoppable. He had the money that could make him live two times his life span. Time to stop.
He just want the power now. The power to control the financial industry which is really bad news for all of us.

Easy bro.... I don't think Zuckerberg is doing this for the money. Maybe he believes that this project is going to influence the world positively (because of the billions of FB users available). However, I'm afraid he might be miscalculating something.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
I've never heard of Libra's aridrop, maybe it's a scam project that wants to gather information from people.
As far as I know Libra is a stable currency and is issued by Facebook, but there are some regulations and barriers so there is no official release date.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
What's your take on Facebook Libra?

from the first day that the news about Libra hit the media i said that it is a centralized shitcoin with no good future compared to decentralized cryptocurrencies specifically bitcoin. specially since in early days people kept comparing the two together although they have nothing in common.

they started big with a lot of big names like Mastercard, Paypal, Visa,... but now that all of them are dumping the partnership and going out the failure of Libra is pretty much guaranteed.

It looks that way. But I think Mark and the rest of the big companies that decided to stick it out with him and the grand project will not quit too easily. They will certainly postpone the launching. That is something that can be seen clearly since we are now at the end part of the year and their launching is supposed to be done in the first half of 2020. But there must still be a plan B. They might try to relaunch this in the coming months or years.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
What's your take on Facebook Libra?

from the first day that the news about Libra hit the media i said that it is a centralized shitcoin with no good future compared to decentralized cryptocurrencies specifically bitcoin. specially since in early days people kept comparing the two together although they have nothing in common.

they started big with a lot of big names like Mastercard, Paypal, Visa,... but now that all of them are dumping the partnership and going out the failure of Libra is pretty much guaranteed.
Pages:
Jump to: