Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think about those that helped bring Silk road down? - page 2. (Read 3556 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Maybe, I should add that. "positive move for bitcoin, but I still look down upon them for being snitches" but, you cant have it both ways.. I think that they are either done something bad in your eyes, or done a  positive thing.

It was totally positive for the bitcoin community to get rid of SR. Its now obvious that bitcoin is being used for more good than bad.. I read one quote from a 3 letter agency and he thought when they brought DPR down that the bitcoin would sink next to nothing and would just go away.. Boy, was he wrong.. Thats the majority of opinion of any govt persons or agency...
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
It was a positive step for the bitcoin community, but of course they are rats.
legendary
Activity: 997
Merit: 1002
Gamdom.com
Snitches get stitches  Grin
Is there some information that this question is based on? I haven't heard about people helping to bring down Silk Road. Who helped?

Anyway, my position is that the destruction of Silk Road is good for Bitcoin, but it is bad for humanity.

I was wondering when someone would post this question.  I was going to post a "fund" for an individual that got caught up in the SR thing (its not Nod, the guy in washington, either). A basic fund for those that need help in defending themselves against the government.. You know the guy in Washington Nod? the number one seller on SR? He was busted but is working out a deal, probably to get his suppliers, but people like him (and others) that need financial support.

The govt. comes in and takes all belongings, unless you can hide them. So, while this Nod guy made a lot of money, I would bet he cant access any of it and it will  be seized, but im using him as an example really.

If a fund were set up to help those that are going to testify against DPR, would people donate?  I guess ill never find out unless I really set up an address and site to help some people that were strong armed to help the government and dont have a lot of money to fight them (govt.)

In my opinion, doesn't matter if they were strong armed to help or volunteered, they are heroes. They don't HAVE to help.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
In my opinion, it was a good thing. If we allow sites like SR to continue, it would bring negative attention to Bitcoin from users, and governments. BTC could be banned and made illegal, if the primary use is for illegal purposes. Also, new users would be afraid, because they would not know how legal it is to use BTC.

Now that SR is gone, people can see that there are legal uses for BTC, such as sending money to other people, anywhere in the world.
You must realize that sending money to other people in the world is generally highly regulated activity in many if not most countries.  So how would your opinion change if bitcoin was outlawed or rules were instituted that required you to submit your ID with a list of all your addresses or perhaps only qualified financial advisors were allowed to place qualified investors into bitcoin investments?  And if such a thing occurred would you comply?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
No opinions, No comments.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
Is there some information that this question is based on? I haven't heard about people helping to bring down Silk Road. Who helped?

Anyway, my position is that the destruction of Silk Road is good for Bitcoin, but it is bad for humanity.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Separation of currency and state.
I love bitcoin. For the same reasons, I love the silk road.

It's about freedom of exchange.

So for me, those that helped bring silk road down are simply "The Enemy."
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
They wouldn't cooperate unless they were pressured to. That's how these cases work. They try and get the little fish to lead them to the big ones.
legendary
Activity: 1540
I don't necessarily think sites like 'silkroad' are bad, it's a bit like trying to blame facebook for the assholes that are on it trying to pick on small children or kidnap them, in the end it's all down to the users how they use a tool and political groups as we now know from their excessive hysteria always have a habit of blaming whatever tool or object a person has used in a crime rather than the person committing the crime itself. For all we know there could have been plenty of people buying those drugs who have nothing to do with crime so you can't really make that judgement.

As for people telling the government? Not everyone has the resources or knowledge of Snowden and Assange so they probably had no choice.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
In my opinion, it was a good thing. If we allow sites like SR to continue, it would bring negative attention to Bitcoin from users, and governments. BTC could be banned and made illegal, if the primary use is for illegal purposes. Also, new users would be afraid, because they would not know how legal it is to use BTC.

Now that SR is gone, people can see that there are legal uses for BTC, such as sending money to other people, anywhere in the world.
i was curious to know if the bitcoin community looks down on the "rats" that helped bring Silk road down or do they praise them? or have no opinion? I think its better for bitcoin that silk road is no longer around. Personally, I think the government wasted a lot of money to find DPR and who knows how much this is going to cost us by the time the trial is over, but besides that, what do you think about the Agents and the other people that helped bring it down?

I havent heard one way or another here on bitcointalk, I was wondering what the consensus is.. Are they heros or rats? I personally think that while I think what we do with our own bodies should be our own decision (whole other topic). I think that Silk road was good at the beginning but the last year or so has been a black eye..  I really wish they would end the war on drugs, its an winless battle, but this is about bitcoin. Good or bad for bitcoin? and do you feel any ill will towards those that helped bring it down? Or do you consider the non government agents that helped in the taking down of SR heros or rats?

Just curious.....

Pages:
Jump to: