Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 10. (Read 76709 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 101
I think the most disadvantages of bitcoin are the time transactions that can not be instant and need a certain confirmation to be used, this will certainly be a big problem if the user increased up to 3x this year.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
I personally think that the biggest disadvantage that bitcoin has is its mysteriousness. Not everybody knows how bitcoin works. I am sure that not all person who earn bitcoin does not know all about bitcoin. Another disadvantage is its instability. It keeps fluctuating. I am sure that is another reason why people do not want to invest in bitcoin
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
 dont really see a disadvantages but i think its because of the bitcoin is popular in many people but not too popular all over the world there are still so many people didn't know about it and this technology is still not been proven in many countries in the world there are so many people not ready for change in this kind of technologies also lack of partnerships of bitcoin in many companies.
rfj
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
The government isn't managing the bitcoin so the remittance is not fully accepting the bitcoin as currency.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Volatility and acceptance. Bitcoin is so volatile that prices can fluctuate as much as 30% a day, and people are reluctant to invest in bitcoins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is fee when we transfer amount mainly blockchain is charging hell lot of fees which will send negative image for newbies
Activity: 14
Biggest one is Ban exchange sites it is hard to cashout bitcoin in my country.
in future will find ways to get cash more than sites
Activity: 81
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
I think that it is a sharp fluctuation in price, a remittance time and a remittance commission
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
One of the biggest disadvantages is that there is a waiting time for transactions. It is something that can really be frustrating and even cost investment.
And plus this - the commission for the transaction. All the same, some altcoins are better suited for paying something than bitcoin
Activity: 714
Merit: 107
In my opinion, the biggest disadvantage is the transaction fee. Big delays are also not very good. It is not quite practical to pay for purchases and services with bitcoins
Activity: 26
I think one of the demerits is that not everyone trade in bitcoin and some are wish to invest on it but due to their lack of understanding they wil be afraid to invest and moreover, the fluctuating price.
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
I think that the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin that all of the old-fashioned people so used to use "candy wreppers" - fiat money, they can't understand another system. Government will not be satisfied because it'll be hard to take charge, and to control people and it is disadvantage to mainstream too. But of course it is "disadvantage" only to popularize bitcoin, so for people who understand it is of course very big advantage and the main idea of it!

I literally have no idea what you just said.
Activity: 72
Merit: 7
I think that the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin that all of the old-fashioned people so used to use "candy wreppers" - fiat money, they can't understand another system. Government will not be satisfied because it'll be hard to take charge, and to control people and it is disadvantage to mainstream too. But of course it is "disadvantage" only to popularize bitcoin, so for people who understand it is of course very big advantage and the main idea of it!
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
The biggest drawbacks of bitcoin are obvious, this is the low bandwidth of bitcoin in conducting transactions, so now they are hundreds of thousands hanging for a few days, as well as a large amount of commission fees for conducting transactions. The average cost of commission fees for transactions bitcoin now goes up to $ 40. It's no good.
Activity: 48
the volatility is a problem.

The increasing transaction queue size is a problem.

The world does not understand the algorithm is a problem.

The thousands of other alt coins is a problem.
Activity: 70
One of the biggest disadvantages is that there is a waiting time for transactions. It is something that can really be frustrating and even cost investment.
Activity: 21
I did not find much disadvantage but i know some of the disadvantages of bitcoins they are the transactions once done cannot be canceled , BTC gets stolen if we store them in online wallets , we will loose are bitcoins if we miss the private key of our wallet these are some of the disadvantage i found on btc.
Activity: 238
The main disadvantage is the problem of understanding its mode of exchange and also also the fluctuation of its price..
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

The weakness of bitcoin now is too much of the cost required for delivery. And the tightness of bitcoin transactions these days makes this takes a long time of confirmation.
We know Ether as the second most capitalized cryptocurrency and all along it's transaction fee and confirmation time have been impressive, but presently as its demand and adoption have soured, we have started to see that high cost of transactions and delays isn't something unique to Bitcoin. It happened to become quite pronounced with Bitcoin only because it's the flagship cryptocurrency but apparently that's the lot that awaits all cryptocurrencies especially as they became more popular. At any rate, efforts are being channelled to arrest the ugly situation and it's hoped that Lightening Network would be able to do a good job at that.

For. now what I can say is the disadvantage of Bitcoin is that it takes an institution or having a deep pocket to be able to mine it  and  that could lead to centralization.
Activity: 35
On the technological side I think its scalibility. The limitations are there, and there is no solution on the horizon yet. There are some alts that do much better in key areas (like speed, blocksize, fees, energy comnsumption). On long term for me its still "just a currency", but no real implementations.
Pages:
Jump to: