Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 32. (Read 76728 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 101
For me, the biggest dksadvantage of bitcoin is; it is not widely accepted. Infact, some countries are banned this kind of technology. If you want the list here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country. Second, it has no physical form. You cannot spend it ti any physical stores. Only few stores are accepting bitcoin. You need to convert it to cash in able to buy. Third, bitcoin can be lost. Just like physical.money, it can be lost. For example. You have stored your btc at your pc, but the pc crashes. Your wallet is lost and also your btc.
I agree! I read what is in the link provided. I tried searching on google the disadvantages of bitcoin cause i don't have any idea about it and according to this link: http://kryptomoney.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-bitcoins/  bitcoins cannot be taken away of the government easily but thay can ban it in their country. Aside from that Bitcoin prices are very volatile and increases/decreases at a very high pace.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I think one of the disadvantages affecting bitcoin right now is the high fees, we need to pay if we want our transactions to be confirmed faster and their is also some division in the crypto on working out whats best for the cryptocurrency because of some personal agendas tied to it. I think if they reduce the fees more people wills sell it.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
For the the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is simply because you cant use bitcoin in store yes there are some company accept it but not in all store unlike money you can use it in all stores if bitcoin have a many partnership it really a success
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
The current disadvantage is that bitcoin can not be implemented in all aspects of life. Too long the time used for bitcoin confirmation is also one of the disadvantages for bitcoin users. I would like to see bitcoin be used for transactions in all fields from the smallest to the largest.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
One of the biggest disadvantages I feel is that I and most of the people consider it as an asset and hold it.  Whereas it's a currency and you're supposed to spend it. Most of us don't spend bitcoin for small things because we are afraid that the price will go up and the receiver will benefit from it and we will have a loss and second, the transaction fee is found unnecessary by some people.
Nevertheless I am happy with what I have and you cannot expect anything to be perfect in each and every aspect ,and when it comes to bitcoin it has achieved and done things no one can has ever thought of.
Activity: 203
Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
Activity: 86
I am using bit coin and is also using by almost person today due its good properties. It is very useful site which provides digital money to users  but there are some its disadvantages that its transaction process can not easily understand by an ordinary person and the fees-es are too high for beginners.
Activity: 59
I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is that it is always been scammed because mostly it is traded online and also bitcoin is not yet so popular in this world that even you have many bitcoins you can only buy to a market which recognizes bitcoin.
Activity: 364
In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is universally acceptance and using in every country and every market for every product.
Most of the people are unaware about the current trend of digital currency.

Activity: 40
As of now the biggest disadvantages is you can't spend it wherever you want unlike real currency.
Activity: 94
The primary disservice is the time taken for the affirmation of exchange. Step by step, time taken for affirmation is increasing.Another detriment is the precariousness and high variance in bitcoin price.For that reason, significant organizations abstain from tolerating bitcoin as installment. Indeed, even though,bitcoin is called as decentralized cash, china has a little control over bitcoin cost as it holds more bitcoins and more bitcoins are mined there. It is additionally a burden.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

I think the only thing that prevents Bitcoin to be accepted in all countries because of its anonymity. Being anonymous means they cannot track the identity of that address. So some genius people may use that characteristics of Bitcoin to use that for money laundering. It may be use by people in politics to hide their corrupted money.
As long as there are exchanges that is needed to facilitate the transactions of trading then the government can regulate it and can prevent if they do not want to support bitcoin. It's anonymity cannot be prevented as it is it's nature and also no one can shut down bitcoin entirely since we are run by different miners all over the world. This is a revolutionary system and people supported it because of its transparency and so I guess in the long run the government will be able to accept if they listen to us.
Activity: 182
What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink

I think one of the biggest disadvantage that preventing bitcoin from being accepted is that bitcoin is not yet known by all of the stores and person that exist. I also think because bitcoin price is not fix so if the price fall, stores and companies salary will also go down
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Along with many advantages Bitcoin has some disadvantages also .The disadvantages of Bitcoin are listed below-
1-Bitcoins are not widely accepted.
2-Bitcoin market faces many ups and downs and its price keep on fluctuating.
3-It has no physical form so it has firstly to be converted into other currencies to use it in physical stores.
4- It is decentralized i.e. it is without any involvement of government so government will not accept it as only currency for financial transactions.
5- If wallets are lost then the Bitcoins are also lost and we cannot do anything to recover that.

2 and 4 are actually an advantage if you try to look from the right perspective.

[2] Bitcoin has ups and downs and it's all up to you how are you going to deal with it. I, personally, deal with it by cashing out enough money for me to last a couple of weeks without having to withdraw any of my bitcoin funds. Even if bitcoin's price goes down, it will be alright because I don't need to cash out anyway. I can sleep at peace and don't have to panic sell. Other people also do trading so they can make money from price fluctuations. Buy low, sell high, it is.

[4] Bitcoin is decentralized and is not controlled or owned by the government. Is that not exactly what we all want? Freedom from the government. The government gave us democracy but where it is (wow I just opened a broad topic). Anyway, since bitcoin is not owned by the government, we can freely do whatever we want to do with it. And bitcoin being decentralized means that it can't be taken down easily because it has no weak point and it has no central point that if that get destroyed, then we are all going down.

Regarding #5, if you lost your wallet in real life, do you have a way to recover that? Only way to recover a lost wallet in bitcoin is to have the wallet's seed or the address' private key.
Activity: 182
Along with many advantages Bitcoin has some disadvantages also .The disadvantages of Bitcoin are listed below-
1-Bitcoins are not widely accepted.
2-Bitcoin market faces many ups and downs and its price keep on fluctuating.
3-It has no physical form so it has firstly to be converted into other currencies to use it in physical stores.
4- It is decentralized i.e. it is without any involvement of government so government will not accept it as only currency for financial transactions.
5- If wallets are lost then the Bitcoins are also lost and we cannot do anything to recover that.
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi

I think the only thing that prevents Bitcoin to be accepted in all countries because of its anonymity. Being anonymous means they cannot track the identity of that address. So some genius people may use that characteristics of Bitcoin to use that for money laundering. It may be use by people in politics to hide their corrupted money.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
I think the biggest problem its not the bitcoin code, the biggest problem in this moment its the difficult to buy bitcoin from a safe exchange, the technical knowledge needed to set up a wallet, and the difficult to use a digital currency in the physical world.
Yes of course decentralized bitcoin is the biggest disadvantage .Apart from it many people still do not believe in bitcoin, because it is a virtual currency, I mean a crypto digital currency and has no physical structure. So peoplecannot see the volume of bitcoin.

That’s why people do not believe in bitcoin. The other disadvantage is that bitcoin is in today’s era is just an imaginary coin.
It is weird but I find this a lot, some people think that bitcoin is like the currencies that you get in those RPG games and treat it as if it is not real when in fact most of the transactions around the world are digital like, bank transfers, paypal, paying bills from your phone, credit card purchases and others.

yes thats right they dont see bitcoin as like that they know that it is just as an imaginary some think that this is not real scam or any negative thoughts about bitcoin. You can see the advantage of bitcoin if you believe on it.
Activity: 33
I consider one particular of the biggest down sides is the volume of time it takes to confirm a transaction, which will only become worse if one thing is not carried out about it.If you have any marketing and advertising encounter at all, you know the relevance of instantaneous gratification. It's why most Walmarts are still crowded with lengthy strains in spite of being in a position to get products the very same working day or subsequent working day with Amazon Key (in a lot of places).
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I think the biggest problem its not the bitcoin code, the biggest problem in this moment its the difficult to buy bitcoin from a safe exchange, the technical knowledge needed to set up a wallet, and the difficult to use a digital currency in the physical world.
Yes of course decentralized bitcoin is the biggest disadvantage .Apart from it many people still do not believe in bitcoin, because it is a virtual currency, I mean a crypto digital currency and has no physical structure. So peoplecannot see the volume of bitcoin.

That’s why people do not believe in bitcoin. The other disadvantage is that bitcoin is in today’s era is just an imaginary coin.
It is weird but I find this a lot, some people think that bitcoin is like the currencies that you get in those RPG games and treat it as if it is not real when in fact most of the transactions around the world are digital like, bank transfers, paypal, paying bills from your phone, credit card purchases and others.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
For me the Biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is that it has no physical form. It cannot be used in any physical stores, you need to convert it first to physical cash for you to use it on physical stores. But this advantage will be gone if only every one in the world will accept Bitcoin especially the government and known merchants.
Pages:
Jump to: