Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 83. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
The biggest problem with bitcoin in my opinion is that every single transaction is available to anyone to see if they want to, that makes bitcoin very vulnerable to algorithms trying to link bitcoins with an identity.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Probably this question is for government and bank, becouse for us as costumer, bitcoin is full of advantage. But for them bitcoin is really hard to trace and out of their control.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
long confirmation times and inability to reverse mistakes
The inability to reverse your payment is just a disadvantage to the people that are careless. Once you send the payment, that's it. Before you click the "Send" button, make sure that you have input the correct details. To me, that's actually an advantage of bitcoin. When you received the coins, you can sleep at night without worrying about your buyer trying to revert back his payment.
You can only blame yourself for doing such stupid mistake while sending funds online. inability to reverse mistakes only happens to someone just like you who does not have the ability to read and check carefully before confirming something.

You should make sure that the amount correctly before you sent  bitcoin and you that problem will not happen to you. Input the amount more thoroughly dude.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
The inability to reverse your payment is just a disadvantage to the people that are careless. Once you send the payment, that's it. Before you click the "Send" button, make sure that you have input the correct details. To me, that's actually an advantage of bitcoin. When you received the coins, you can sleep at night without worrying about your buyer trying to revert back his payment.
You can only blame yourself for doing such stupid mistake while sending funds online. inability to reverse mistakes only happens to someone just like you who does not have the ability to read and check carefully before confirming something.
Some could make a mistakes once but we must be careful for the next time, further the non reversible  transaction could also be a disadvantage to some but for the majority it is one of the advantage of using bitcoin. That is the security that once we receive the funds after every completion of transaction, we are secured enough that it will not be taken again from us.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
may not matter to you but it will be a problem when you're in need of a quick transaction. such a precarious state and you want bitcoin was quickly accepted while very long confirmation
how do you solve this. is it bitcoin famous for cheap and fast transaction
Yup before all transaction will be done in very fast it takes only a few minutes to complete, but recently it's taking too much time to confirm our transaction. For me once it takes 20+ hours to deposit money. So my opinion also same improve the transaction time, I don't know for what purpose they increased this transaction time, but as soon as possible please reduce this time it will help for many players. 
Activity: 518
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
I know once we adopted we are already understand how the system works, and since it is decentralized, nobody would handle the complaints but ourselves. Being careful is the responsibility of every users and doing it will make us stay longer here.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Activity: 476
I don't see any. Maybe at the beginning needed some time and attention to learn in which way is used but for the rest none. Even the fact that is digital money is overcome from being used through the debit cards. So is the same like the other money. As for the fact that is not used widely this maybe come from the fact that is not official money.
Yeah I have the same thinking with you. I do not see any important disadvantage of bitcoin. Although the transaction time is litle bit long, but the transaction is world widely. Bitcoin transaction still faster than bank transfer that costly and difficult for transferring money in different bank.

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
may not matter to you but it will be a problem when you're in need of a quick transaction. such a precarious state and you want bitcoin was quickly accepted while very long confirmation
how do you solve this. is it bitcoin famous for cheap and fast transaction
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
i see the question as "What Would You Like If I where making  a new blockchain" anyway i would like if it has a offchain transaction system for blockchain-to-blockchain users so people do not have to pay tax and also the new vertion of the blockchain is rediculeas its not supported on the lower devices and its not that user friendly/flexible like the previous version was
Activity: 798
Merit: 505

I agree! Though we could really say that now a days the transactions requires  time unlike before an hour or 2 before yyou received it but all in all it is faster than other transactions. But  sooner or later they could fix that. All in all i dont see any problems or disadvantage of bitcoin eversince.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I think the accepting of botcoins by the stores, i think they are still limited. Theres this store that i know of and my friend has bitcoin though she said that they are not accepting bitcoin, we must first change it to real money.
Lol bitcoin has become a real money dude you can exchange it for any money, because bitcoin have rate. problems encountered bitcoin is bitcoin not too well known so there's still a bit adopter in bitcoin, and bitcoin was not widely accepted cause, so bepatient dude bitcoin will become increasingly popular and you can buy anything with bitcoin in the future
Activity: 714
Activity: 672
The time taken for confirmation message for a transaction is more.

It is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin

In my point of view bitcoin this is not the biggest disadvantages because it just a trouble problem that the mostly caused by too many spammning transactions doing by someone.
But at least you can avoid this by additional some fees of bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 392
The time taken for confirmation message for a transaction is more.

It is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Activity: 798

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
The big disadvantage in Bitcoin is only its configuration system which always disturb us some time deeply .
Allover I think nothing in Bitcoin that can be bad or can be consider as an disadvantage of Bitcoin .

I guess bitcoin there is nothing to worry about bitcoin, no bad to consider or disadvantages for that. Bitcoin is the best Digital Currency currently available.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I think the accepting of botcoins by the stores, i think they are still limited. Theres this store that i know of and my friend has bitcoin though she said that they are not accepting bitcoin, we must first change it to real money.
If thr store owner is your friend Try to educate him/her about bitcoin. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin. And let the owner deside if bitcoin will have a positive impact on his/her store.

If bitcoin was accepted on his/her store i think people in your city will start getting curious and start finding a way on how can they start using bitcoins, And in future bitcoin can be famous in you place
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Disadvantage of Bitcoin is that blockchain doesn't support many simutaneously transactions without the needed of increase the fee a lot. When many people start using Bitcoins on the world, it will be a serious problem, many transactions at same time will be inevitable, so people will have to pay high fees all day long? For me it's the main disadvantage of Bitcoin.
i think blockchain support transaction on normal fee, but it take a little more time and when you increase the transaction fee the transaction become fast, i agree with you that this problem must be solve on time.
Pages:
Jump to: