Pages:
Author

Topic: What Do You Think Of The Longevity Of Crypto Jobs? - page 2. (Read 198 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 141
It really depends on the projects you choose. But let's say it was a firm project with a good development team, healthy environment/community, and bright prospect/future.

Now, everything depends on whether the crypto world will still exist in a long term. Well, I don't know about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo or any other token out there, because it depends on the technology, critical mass of people for adoption, will of the Governments etc...., but I do believe that blockchain (in it's current or evolved form) will exist in the future. Blockchain already proved it's strength and usability. Crypto coins and tokens have yet to arrive there.

If you are asking whether you can make a career out of it - then why not? Even if you become a marketing expert working on, say, Ethereum chain, you can make your name and move on to other projects later. Build, learn, adapt, evolve, work, work, work and you should get there. Just make yourself a good plan and cost/benefit analysis (income vs. daily hours spent).
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
The work in the crypto market is unstable, they only develop in a short time, after the crypto market is popular, every bitcoin-making activity on the bitcointalk forum and the investment in the altcoin will become more difficult. So if you have a chance, grab them, do not miss them.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
I think the current vacancy of a job might be not a long-term one but the key thing is connections - they'll call you again and again for a new coins' manager vacancy.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
IMO, crypto world offer many opportunities for people to earn some money and thanks for this forum , it's create a lot of chance !
Nobody still aware of this so I can maximize my earnings from it.
Since bitcoin value still consider high, I can say that bitcoin will keep exist over next 5 years !
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Currently crypto is moving but do not forget that this blockchain technology is still in the infant stages, though getting aquintated with some skills in it ain't bad. I won't suggest doing away with the job you have currently but the developer side of the  technology will really come into handy in the future if it stands the test of time. If you have a job keep it and combine the two. Let's all play it safe and don't gamble at the moment.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Crypto Jobs would be probably be active for several years since it is the new trend of project fund raising. Many more companies will indulge in ICO thereby increasing the demand for advertisers and other crypto jobs. So i guess there's gonna be an increasing bunch of jobs for all crypto enthusiasts.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
I've been thinking along this line recently too. And as someone remarked, crypto business is still very young and relatively risky. I'm thinking of entering it actually but along the developer line. I'm not too cool with the community management side.
Either way, I wouldn't recommend doing away with your regular job just yet. Crypto jobs can come I'm as a side job. Maybe as it evolves and becomes more mainstream, we can think about changing jobs.
Activity: 24
MV7, I share a lot of your sentiments!
Luckily, sales, marketing and customer services is the bulk of my employment experience. I am optimistically hopeful about the future of crypto, and I am wondering if "the early bird catches the worm" with a lot of these jobs.

I am no stranger to the ICO process, and have been into crypto for a while, but more on the buying and selling side of things. I've invested in a few ICOs, all of them have made me money before I jettisoned, but there definitely are a lot of shady characters around waiting to prey on unsuspecting individuals!
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
As much as crypto is a growing industry, I would think long and hard about getting a 9-5 type job in crypto.

We still don't really have any idea what crypto will be like 10-20 years from now, making it inherently risky. I'm very positive towards crypto, and see slow public acceptance, but absolutely no one knows what will happen, and much of it depends on regulatory agencies, which we have no control over.

Also, make sure the people you are working with are reputable. There are so many ICOs nowadays with shady owners looking to make a quick buck.

Think about how working in crypto will look on your resume. If you're not already working in something like marketing/communications (since you said you're interested in being a community manager), or on the dev side, then this could leave a pretty large time gap on your resume if you decide that you no longer want to work in crypto.
Activity: 24
I've been considering slowly spending my time getting into the professional side of crypto, rather than the fun side. I am a swing trader, a bot using aficionado, and a side fun-time discord administrator in a crypto community. I've recently considered looking into part-time crypto related jobs, particularly in the community manager side of things.

I have noticed that there are a lot of new coins coming out looking for community managers, and I was just wondering what you all thought of all the new jobs coming out in the crypto-sphere. Do you think this is sustainable in the long-term? Would love to be more involved in this, slowly start to supplement my income through sidestream income from crypto, until I find it replacing my 9-5 job completely.

Really curious about all of your thoughts.
Pages:
Jump to: