Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think will be the best invesments for 2015? - page 2. (Read 2026 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
I think gas & oil is the best invesments for 2015

So does everybody... That's what scares me about it...
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005
I think gas & oil is the best invesments for 2015
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
Who knows!

Not too many people saw the Oil drop coming (especially the shale industries or the economies of canada etc). Its way beyond my understanding.

But anyways, I guess 2015 will see a continuation of currency wars as the world tries to 'steal' its way out of deflation; politicans need to arrest the slide to win votes, at the expense of others.

Financial warring will see geo political plays be the order of the day as power struggles erupt over $USD & Asia Pacific regions.

I'll also guess that a Venezuela or Eastern European country defaults.

How to invest against this backdrop is anyone's guess; USD probably strong as fleeing capital & deflationary pressures cripple Emerging markets.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
I agree that oil is a great investment and can easily appreciate 100%, but I'm inclined to say that silver would be a better investment. I don't believe the price of oil can collapse by 50% without causing major damage to the rest of the economy which will likely become evident as the year goes on. Considering the potential for another 2008 style crash or worse, I'm betting on silver because I anticipate a much higher demand in the near future...

Nobody knows what will happen but I think the potential for a crash is uncomfortably high. The majority of the economy is worse off than it was in 2007 (greater wealth distribution gap, higher cost of living, smaller middle class, less full-time employment, more debt, the list goes on and on) and yet the stock market is higher. If you couldn't see the last bubble, this one should be obvious...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think that oil is looking like a solid opportunity in 2015.
I would happen to agree with you there... Do you therefore think that other commodities will follow?
I think some commodities have the capability to rebound in a limited fashion (20-40%) but not as much as oil (70-100%).
Fair analysis...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I would happen to agree with you there... Do you therefore think that other commodities will follow?
I think some commodities have the capability to rebound in a limited fashion (20-40%) but not as much as oil (70-100%).
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
With the new year beginning and the holiday period ending I thought now would be a good time to ask what everybody thinks will be the best investments for 2015?
Pages:
Jump to: