Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you want your BitCoins to buy? - page 2. (Read 2004 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 08, 2012, 09:30:02 PM
Any kind of digital goods: gift codes, game demo's, cd keys etc.

Same here. I also buy virtual items for various games I play. And bitcoins makes it possible to make micro-payments which is a huge bonus when It comes to buying virtual game items/gold/etc.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Support the bitcoin economy, use BTC merchants
April 06, 2012, 11:00:53 AM
Probably buying a domain or gift card [if possible]

I know this place http://bit.ly/bitcoindomains offers domains with bitcoin via bitpay.  Cool
Activity: 5
April 06, 2012, 07:57:01 AM
Snap up some bargains on bitcoin auction sites.
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
April 06, 2012, 04:36:04 AM
While this is hardly suitable for your site, I ultimately want my bitcoins to buy what I currently spend most of my pounds sterling on: groceries, utility bills and council tax. In fact my biggest problem with bitcoin as things are at the moment is that there isn't a single thing out there I want to spend them on.

But setting this kind of thing up is a much longer term goal of the bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
April 06, 2012, 04:30:00 AM
Sure wish someone would sell the mobile phone prepaid card / "top up" codes online.  Starting out small, one could list them for sale and then as they are sold head to the gas station or wherever and buy the denominations that were sold.  Scratch off and deliver the code online (securely) to the buyer.  
[Update: Done.  http://btcbuy.info/CallingCards.cshtml  and BitInstant will be offering airtime in Brazil, Russia, and elsewhere. ]

If there is sufficient demand, then these are available wholesale at about a 4% to 8% discount (e.g., a $30 cost $27.60) but there are volume requirements to get them wholesale.

These could probably be sold 10% over par even (e.g., sell a $30 code for $33 worth of bitcoin).
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
April 06, 2012, 02:00:43 AM
Any kind of digital goods: gift codes, game demo's, cd keys etc.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2012, 08:39:02 PM
I have maple syrup and maple goodies for sale, with the right site this could be expanded. Maybe a partnership?
Activity: 28
April 05, 2012, 08:18:57 PM
I am starting an online storefront that accepts only bitcoins for payment.  I have been able to work out most of the hard part on the backend, but now I want to know what it really is that people are looking for online.  No idea if I just need to go for general goods and computer parts or if there are any specific elements.

Please share your thoughts and let me know what is needed.  I'll find some way of returning the favor like hooking you up with a coupon or something.

Steam gift codes are good.  No need to ship and you can electronically transfer the goods.
Activity: 18
April 05, 2012, 08:15:36 PM
I am starting an online storefront that accepts only bitcoins for payment.  I have been able to work out most of the hard part on the backend, but now I want to know what it really is that people are looking for online.  No idea if I just need to go for general goods and computer parts or if there are any specific elements.

Please share your thoughts and let me know what is needed.  I'll find some way of returning the favor like hooking you up with a coupon or something.
Pages:
Jump to: