Pages:
Author

Topic: What does everyone think of this ICO? (Newbie) - page 3. (Read 2027 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 112
Why is the OP still not banned yet? Quoting individual responses is not allowed. Quote all previous replies you want to respond to and section them in one post. And looking at your account, all I see are posts advertising the ico of crowdholding and link to its website, other than that, off-topic posts. And then 23 freaking posts from this thread alone. I'm pretty sure you work for the team behind the project your talking about and all this is just a cringy try hard advertisement.
Activity: 278
Merit: 11
Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crowdholding-co-creating-companies-to-success

thank you

I don't believe in customer development and focus group approach

Can you expand on your statement? what do you not believe about customer development and focus groups as an approach?
Isn't there already a similar type of business?

I am sure there are similar ideas. Maybe find them and post their name so i can have a look?
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

thank you

I don't believe in customer development and focus group approach
Activity: 244
Merit: 102
Isn't there already a similar type of business?
I am personally looking forward to the launch of their ICO.

I have been following Crowdholding for a while and I will be investing after the first few days of their ICO. I think it's a great project with a strong team and a great white paper. They have a working beta already and are constantly stepping in the right direction.

Okay so you have been following them for some time? I only found out about them through the article on cointelegraph. Nice to hear that people are looking forward to the ICO.
Looks a promising project, I also think the same as you altcoins will have to spend money on marketing, I imagine that price has drastically increased in the last year as well.

That's kinda what i feel about the situation, must be a lot of wealthy crypto bloggers right now.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I am personally looking forward to the launch of their ICO.

I have been following Crowdholding for a while and I will be investing after the first few days of their ICO. I think it's a great project with a strong team and a great white paper. They have a working beta already and are constantly stepping in the right direction.
Activity: 236
Looks a promising project, I also think the same as you altcoins will have to spend money on marketing, I imagine that price has drastically increased in the last year as well.
Hello everyone,

thank you

after i saw that it is a sponsored text i stopped reading. or lets say: i did not even start reading after i saw the sponsored in the picture.

My thoughts exactly. Just another get-rich-quick ICO money grab. One thing I've noticed: the less promotion a project engages in, the more legitimate the project is. Projects with the greatest potential don't bother with sponsored articles in zines, bonus campaigns, or tiered ICOs (i.e. get a 50% discount if you buy in the first 24 hours! type bullshittery).

I think you have some valid points, i think the 50% discounts sends alarm bells as a ICO shouldn't be throwing out it's tokens that easily if they are considered valuable.

But i feel that most ICO's have to throw money at articles / advertising I think the eco-system is so cash rich right now that ICO's that don't pay for advertising will be left behind because nobody will know about their project. Although too much advertising does cover up flaws so it's finding a balance between the two.
I think ICO is a great chance for a company to open crowdsale without any permission from the government and they can easily collect funds from any kind of people around the world. People from different places can participant in  a ICO without any difficult. It will help companies to have more chance to develop and more money to build what they want and make the world better

I completely agree that's why i have started looking into ICO's. Although the fact that they are unregulated means you have to be extra careful who you invest in, as some people will try to abuse that system.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
Hello everyone,

thank you

after i saw that it is a sponsored text i stopped reading. or lets say: i did not even start reading after i saw the sponsored in the picture.

My thoughts exactly. Just another get-rich-quick ICO money grab. One thing I've noticed: the less promotion a project engages in, the more legitimate the project is. Projects with the greatest potential don't bother with sponsored articles in zines, bonus campaigns, or tiered ICOs (i.e. get a 50% discount if you buy in the first 24 hours! type bullshittery).
Activity: 154
I think ICO is a great chance for a company to open crowdsale without any permission from the government and they can easily collect funds from any kind of people around the world. People from different places can participant in  a ICO without any difficult. It will help companies to have more chance to develop and more money to build what they want and make the world better
Looks promising!

I agree, I am liking the look of this project hence why I am asking people in this community about it Smiley
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Looks promising!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1329
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
It is an interesting concept and i like the design of the website, the team and the whitepaper.

The issue is with ICO's is mostly down to marketing and if people will invest. I have seen multiple ICO's which i consider to be flawed and full of holes raise millions, and i have seen ICO's that have a great ideology and team and they get very little investment.

But having articles on cointelegraph is a good sign, shows they are investing into marketing.

I would say Rivetz could take a part in this. Huge marketing, not really something good and 60k ETH for you. Minexcoin, innovative PoS system. 250 BTC.
Activity: 160
It is an interesting concept and i like the design of the website, the team and the whitepaper.

The issue is with ICO's is mostly down to marketing and if people will invest. I have seen multiple ICO's which i consider to be flawed and full of holes raise millions, and i have seen ICO's that have a great ideology and team and they get very little investment.

But having articles on cointelegraph is a good sign, shows they are investing into marketing.
Judge if the team members holding the ICO are the best ones to bring it to fruition. Do they have any agreements in place? Do they have any unique business considerations that will help make them successful? Do they have a legitimate background in what they are trying to achieve?  If the answer is 'no', then just keep looking.

Thanks for the information, I think the most important factor is if the company actually needs an altcoin for their concept to work, although there are a lot of other important factors such as the whitepaper and the team.
I really like the concept of them, I think is a number of great ideas coming out of this altcoin. Helps both the startups and the average joe. And the fact that they have a beta before their ICO in my eyes puts them above a lot of ICO's (most ICO's just have a whitepaper and a concept).

There is no rush as they start their ICO on the 1st of November, So i would just join their telegram and ask questions on their thread to find out how transparent they are. If the first few days / week goes well, then i would think of investing into them.

Hope this helps and happy investing!

Thanks for the response. I think playing it safe is a good idea!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Judge if the team members holding the ICO are the best ones to bring it to fruition. Do they have any agreements in place? Do they have any unique business considerations that will help make them successful? Do they have a legitimate background in what they are trying to achieve?  If the answer is 'no', then just keep looking.
Pages:
Jump to: