Pages:
Author

Topic: What does your Girlfriend/SO/Wife/Partner think about Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1060 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
It's funny whenever I talk to my SO about bitcoin because she listens to all of the news reports about the whole "terrorists being funded with bitcoins" ordeal, so whenever she sees me on this forum or doing anything that involves crypto currencies, she actually thinks I'm talking to terrorists and that sort of thing... which every time I have to tell her that I'm, in fact, NOT talking/funding terrorists.

I've had multiple long talks with her when we've been drinking about why I like crypto currencies so much, and that leads me to getting into the whole aspect of why I believe the monetary system is a sham and that the fiat system will inevitably collapse... Every time these conversations come about, she always ends up calling me crazy but that she loves me anyway...

She doesn't really care as long as I don't risk our livesavings when buying bitcoins

I think that can be said for everyone here... exactly what I'm reminded of on a semi weekly basis lol.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
As for me,
she actually quite likes it, but she doesn't like if I'm spending a lot of time browsing websites, forums etc. about it
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The people to whom I explained Bitcoin liked the concept and also saw its benefits. Nevertheless, only one of them eventually invested some of his money into crypto currencies. They always think it is too complicated (usage as well as process of acquiring) or too risky. Still, I like my cryptos  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I recommended bitcoin to all of them but no one is interested in using it, but no one really cares about it and are not simply interested in using it  Angry

Never mind buddy!
In a few years when this takes off and you own some wealth because of it, you will be the greatest for them.
"Oh you're smart, so much ahead of your time, looking good, I want you baby!Now! Marry me!Let's have children!!!" Grin Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Luckily I'm surrounded only by intelligent and attractive women... Cheesy

When it comes to Bitcoin I've only had positive responses. When I talk about Bitcoin, I focus on what you can do with it and on the superior security aspect of really owning your funds. These are arguments that are universally accessible, even if you're not interested in the technical details. Demonstrating how to instantly move funds around the globe to buy some product from a stranger on another continent appeals to men and women alike.

I know of one lady actually buying some Bitcoin after considering the benefits...

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I recommended bitcoin to all of them but no one is interested in using it, but no one really cares about it and are not simply interested in using it  Angry
Activity: 103
Merit: 12
She is using it mainly with XAPO and has a XAPO credit card for spenting.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
She doesn't really care as long as I don't risk our livesavings when buying bitcoins

exactly the same here.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
3 words usually, risky, not safe and useless. (As in I can't even use it much real life or online)
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
So some of us have girlfriends, significant others, wives and partners that are very important to us and whom we love.

What does your significant other think about Bitcoin? I'm really interested in this!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: