Pages:
Author

Topic: What "event" will be the nail in the coffin for your Bitcoin goals? - page 3. (Read 435 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4
Bitcoin as a digital asset was created to serve as an alternative to fiat currencies. And afford users freedom and control over their assets, lossing that control would possibly make me leave bitcoin.

Flaw in the protocol / The introduction of a much better technology etc.)

A flaw in the protocol is unlikely, but it could also trigger me to leave.
I would be forced out of bitcoin, if there it is flippened by another currency, with better applications and utility (and increased adoption), I don't know if this counts as a better technology.

But if BTC is usurped in terms of market capitalization, value and adoption, I would switch to the other currency. (bitcoin would stiil be an alternative).
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Well I have great reason that I am involved in bitcoin. Bitcoin is the biggest and most valuable coin in the cryptocurrency world and it has done greatly.
 Right now there is no logical reason to leave bitcoin but one of the reasons that will make me leave bitcoin is if bitcoin becomes a security token thereby making it under the regulations of external bodies like sec, or any governmental bodies
Activity: 210
Merit: 19
Bitcoin as we all know is used to make safe and secure transactions anywhere in the world,and the best part of it all is that it is not controlled,insured or regulated by any government or Central Bank whatsoever..
  I think what could trigger me to abandone this platform is if at some point in time,government gains control of the bitcoin,and the management of the network is no longer in the hands of the users or investors.
  To put it in a single word if the bitcoin becomes "centralized"and subject to governing bodies such as our federal government...For me that could be the nail in the coffin and the straw that breaks the camels back.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
A lot of people have their breaking point, where they will throw in the towel. What "event" or "change in technology" will be

your final nail in the coffin for your Bitcoin dreams? A lot of people are looking at the Bitcoin price as a trigger, but that would

be stupid. (The price are mostly manipulated, so this is a bad guideline)

The trigger must be something other than the price. (Example : Major change in the Bitcoin code / Core developer leaving /

Flaw in the protocol / The introduction of a much better technology etc.)

Let's see how many different triggers could cause a mass exodus of Bitcoin supporters.  Roll Eyes Huh
Pages:
Jump to: