Pages:
Author

Topic: WHAT HAPPENED? I went into the hospital cam out AND.... - page 3. (Read 396 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
The price dump should be expected by skilled/experienced traders when they see big short-term money controlled by few people nobody was certain what their purpose was for. I'd be suspicious once i start seeing " centralized money or hugh money controlled by one or few people pouring in just like that.

It's safer when coin supply is well decentralized and held mostly by many independent long-term investors rather than gamblers (big risk takers) or people willing to manipulate/attack the market.
Don't know much about the phase E, by the way. Not sure if i have heard that in trading before.

Wish you well.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
Obviously your portfolio will down man due to the suddenly crash of the market on the past few days. Many of us are affected here and I feel your side man because the story of yours are almost the same as mine. I go into my province and due to that there's no signal there during the market crash and after that going back to the house that I've used to live upon checking my ports I've already down for almost 5% of all of my asset. Better if we just hold it and wait until the market recover mate.

This market is really surprising and the movement is real fast if you are not watching it. Just wait for the market to bounce back because selling right now is not a very good idea. A lot had lost in this current crash and I even read that someone took his own life because his position got liquidated and I think, it was his life's savings. Remember, money can always be replaced, so even if you are down today, you can get it back again.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Obviously your portfolio will down man due to the suddenly crash of the market on the past few days. Many of us are affected here and I feel your side man because the story of yours are almost the same as mine. I go into my province and due to that there's no signal there during the market crash and after that going back to the house that I've used to live upon checking my ports I've already down for almost 5% of all of my asset. Better if we just hold it and wait until the market recover mate.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
From the start, before you jumping and invest in crypto you should know how it will work.  I mean there's no stability of the price and it should always fluctuate either it will up or down.  But luckily, I didn't say that you've become a panic seller or did a stop-loss order, so, I presume you still holding on to it which is a good idea.

..(you never lose until you sell)
That's a good analogy and which is very true, if your portfolio has 1 Bitcoin it will remain 1 Bitcoin, and nothing had lost.  We know that the crypto market price will always have a surprise on us by having a new all-time high as always but there's no specific time frame when it will happen.  So, all I can say is hold until you can. 

Because not only you OP experience this right now, a lot of holders waiting when the market will have resistance and I saw there's a small v-shape on the price chart and it might continue like this.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324

I only lost 1k$USD but I'm pissed because my sell window was within 200 bucks which I thought I could hit. N00b mistake.

PS whats "Phase E" or a phase for that matter? I hear that on tradingview lingo.
Not a noob mistake when your TP hadnt get hit where it almost able to reach out and the suddenly the market make some u-turn which is really not anticipated and hard to be predicted.

Lots of things happened in few weeks and majority or mainly focused with that China ban and Elon tweets where it did really make out some significant effect on the market.

Good thing that you do locked in some profits and only able to suffer -10% down on your portfolio compared to those who do lost 30% or more.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Don't worry OP you're not alone I know some who are also down more than 10% on their port folio,
And it is better to keep your health safe than your wealth you could just earn it back again.
And I agree to Poker Player "You never lose until you sell" So if you are still holding them then there is still a chance that they could go back up after all it seems that the market is recovering now.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
10% swings are our daily bread and butter. When I see that my portfolio has gone down 10%, I keep yawning.
I gave OP a couple of merits because his post was well thought-out, not because he exhibited serious experience as a bitcoin trader.  Just FYI.  

Yeah, he's inexperienced but we all started that way and that's just where he's at right now.  I can totally imagine how he'd feel in the scenario he described--it's almost like the first episode of the first season of the Walking Dead, where Rick Grimes wakes up in the hospital only to find that the zombie apocalypse had happened while he was asleep.  

But that's exactly what can happen with bitcoin.  If you look at the 1-year price chart, it does look just a wee bit extreme and it's not always like that--usually you see losses of 50% when you have price growth that looks like this (from CoinDesk):

Which is exactly what happened.  Bitcoin went up too high, too fast.  That usually leads to traders taking profits and a general selloff once a new ATH is established.  It'll take a while for bitcoin to resume its upward trajectory, but I'm confident that it will.  I just don't know how long it's going to take.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
You should've set a limit or something if avoiding losses was your plan. Like dude, you've invested in something that went up by over 60 MILLION TIMES in a timespan of a bit over 10 years. 10% is what you're afraid of? lol, what the hell. investments equal risk. Wake up before ranting about a small loss, this is the investment world..
copper member
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1771
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
So you expected to make only gain minus any price drops?corrections?  Grin

You have been in this forum since 2017, so I believe you should be knowing the volatile nature of the crypto market by now. Not putting a stop loss is a very big mistake in your trades. It could have been worse, You would have woken up when your portfolio was down by more 50% any day. Just check what happened on 13th March 2020
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
If you enter the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency space without knowing that price crashes could happen, then I could almost guarantee that you didn't do your homework.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
It's simple, the prices dropped and maybe next time put a stop loss before going somewhere if you can help it unless you want this kind of thing to happen again because it will be stupid on your part if this happens again because you have some way to prevent it from happening or you can just hodl and wait for your portfolio to go back up.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
What happened is that you don't understand anything. You have "invested" (rather gambled) in crypto and now you are crying because you have in theory lost (you never lose until you sell) 10%.

10% swings are our daily bread and butter. When I see that my portfolio has gone down 10%, I keep yawning.

That made me laugh like hell, I literally yawned when I lost 10-20% of my portfolio the day before yesterday. It became routine these days to go from 20-30% gain to 10-20% negative.

It's the market, what do you expect.? This is not a stock market where people start shouting for 2-5%.. 10-20% ups and downs are nothing here.
If you have lost 1k$ then don't worry, you will gain back more if you have patience and hold them for long.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
My portfolio lost 10%.
If you did not use stop loss orders for your account, you are lucky because you did not cut loss or did not panic sell in the crash. If you do it, you would lose more than 10%. Congratulations for being a lucky holder because of your illness in a few days. I of course will you luck with your health.

PS whats "Phase E" or a phase for that matter? I hear that on tradingview lingo.
Whales draw charts for us and when we believe the chart will move with this way, whales will distort the chart the another way. If all of us believe the market will move next with Phase E, down more, whales will move Bitcoin up.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1888
What happened is that you don't understand anything. You have "invested" (rather gambled) in crypto and now you are crying because you have in theory lost (you never lose until you sell) 10%.

Activity: 15
Merit: 1
I`m convinced the average IQ of the users on this bitcoin talk forum is below triple digits.
Activity: 110
Merit: 11
My portfolio lost 10%.

I got real sick went into the hospital for 3 weeks where I didnt have access to trading. Stupidly I didnt put stop limits, but I did lock in some profits.

From what I read we werent in a bubble, I even remember seeing coinbase commercials in the hospital bragging about how BTC was going up and up. I was surprised that coin base got that big, but based on the fact they "lost" some coins of mine and I have been emailing cust serv for four months with no reply, really should be able to afford some really good commercials. If you cant trust coinbase who can you trust? MfGox? trevon,BTCNick and what ever that pyramid scheme was called? What ever happened to them anyways? I hope jail.

But seriously, what happened where it slid so quick after seeing such steady gains? Not like I can read the WSJ or money.cnn.com and see news or prospectuses coming out

I only lost 1k$USD but I'm pissed because my sell window was within 200 bucks which I thought I could hit. N00b mistake.

Pages:
Jump to: