Pages:
Author

Topic: What happened to Coinomi? - page 3. (Read 546 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
August 29, 2023, 05:38:53 AM
Their subreddit paints a similarly bleak picture: https://www.reddit.com/r/coinomi. Lots of posts of people being unable to spend coins, unable to sync, getting a variety of error messages, etc. The comment section for each of those posts is just filled with spam.

Also no activity on their Twitter accounts for over a year.

I would say it's a good result all round that the wallet has collapsed. A closed source wallet which sends seed phrases over the internet in plain text to Google has no right to continue to exist. I would suggest everyone uses their back ups to sweep their coins to a better wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 29, 2023, 04:41:20 AM
I've been using Coinomi on mobile for years, for small amounts of different coins (amongst other things claiming Forkcoins). I know Coinomi is closed source, but for small amounts I don't mind.
Coinomi's last update in the Google Play Store was on March 19, 2022. Monero for instance has been broken since the network was upgraded a year ago. Coinomi never upgraded their support for the coin.
I can't find much about it online. The website still works, but their onion site doesn't.
It looks like they've abandoned the project but left some existing servers running.
Pages:
Jump to: