Pages:
Author

Topic: What happened to XMR and other privacy coins - page 3. (Read 340 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
These privacy coins become less popular for me after 2017-2018. I believe privacy coins has become redundant in cryptocurrency because the essence of cryptocurrency is privacy and these coins also make some feature about privacy when you are using them.
Especially now there are already a lot of ways to hide your privacy even using non-privacy coins. Still, they are still here because they still have use.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
Monero was created for privacy reason, when did anyone care with their privacy? only less people, anyone who use centralized exchanges are the people who doesn't care with their privacy, it can be you or me or anyone. Another reason is few exchanges delist Monero because they don't want to have any trouble with anonymous coin and lead their exchanges a problem due to high illicit sources.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
You already made a similar thread about that here:  What about privacy coin?.

What's wrong with it, does that thread doesn't satisfy your question huh?

Anyway, as it stands, here is my thought regarding the subject.

Broadly looking at how cryptocurrenices work today, most people are busy with NFT, DEFI, and established meme coins like Doge. But that doesn't indicate privacy coin lose its purpose and usefulness. It's just how the majority of the regular user is more into those things, currently.

But the fact that Monero has been long established and battle-tested, which makes it unbreakable[1], the usefulness is still there. And I don't see why would Monero doesn't have any future.

[1] https://decrypt.co/41411/the-irs-is-offering-you-625000-to-crack-monero

Broadly looking at how cryptocurrenices work today, most people are busy with NFT, DEFI, and established meme coins like Doge
This however is basically nothing but the crystal truth. What the vast majority these days are longing for are projects that could get them rich like GetRichQuickScheme as we do call it. These memes and NFT fit into that category.
And that is the ground idea of what most developers built those projects. People have a narrow point of view that they didn't consider how many people lost their funds playing around with NFT, and meme Coin. It fits most people that haven't been unaware of cryptocurrencies before. For example, this thread[1] shows Shiba's popularity compared to others. People will use cryptocurrencies that spark their curiosity and interest them the most.

But technically, the privacy coin won't lose it meaning, there is valuable concept within it.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/google-trends-study-shows-shib-is-the-most-popular-crypto-in-the-uk-5396585

Activity: 208
Merit: 10
The less performing top alt to me is Monero, what the hell happened to all privacy coins out there? They dont surge as good as any other altcoins, are people not interested in privacy coins anymore? Or it's the world that doesn't need the idea.
Pages:
Jump to: