Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens if you don't back up your Ethereum Wallet - page 2. (Read 284 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I consider my wallet of any coins as my bank account and keep it very safe hence I always print my wallet private keys with the address on a printout paper. Without backing your wallet, you are sure to lose your money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The summary of what could happen when you don't back up your ethereum wallet is that you could lose your tokens if you forget your private key
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Use MEW with your Nano S. No pain at all.
Try reading OP's post again. The problem here is not with the wallet. The problem is that OP didn't back up his/her wallet's private keys. Whatever wallet you use, if you didn't back up your private keys then you lose access to your wallet if ever you lose/break your device.
Activity: 118
Merit: 5
Yes, it is so important to back up the private key and dat file and store them in a safe place before using the wallet. For coins with low value, I would choose to send the key and dat file to myself via email. For coins with high value, I would choose to save them in several usb devices!
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Use MEW with your Nano S. No pain at all.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 2073
You have violated the first and basic rule - to store keys to wallets in safe places and in multiple copies. It will be a great experience for you!
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
Hi Forum members

How are you trust you're well, Ok let's begin

I have an iphone and used to have a trust wallet - so far so good

One day my iphone decided to crash so I had to reset the phone, now me being not that clever had backed up my wallet as you should do but saved it locally to my phone, ok so now there's a problem, I had signed up to a few ICO's etc and added some of my own money to the wallet, but because I hadn't backed the wallet up to itunes the whole data was lost, I lost overnight 8 months of work.

I am only writing this to make newbies in particular aware of the importance of storing your private key, json code or however you store your wallet, to keep it super safe, print a paper copy of your wallet address and private key and keep in a safe, not recommended but could be a last resort, open a google drive or like minded app, save it on a spare hard drive, email to yourself the wallet key and the private key.

I have lost everything so starting again, as upsetting as that is I have learned from the episode, so please please if you are reading this now and have not backed up your wallets please do so as it can all disappear in the blink of an eye.

I have now moved away from wallet apps, and only using my ether wallet on line and i've ensured that my json key is now in more than one place, the idea of this post is to remind people the importance of storing your personal data correctly.

Thanks for reading

Airdrop291
Pages:
Jump to: