Pages:
Author

Topic: what happens to bitcoin price in the future? - page 2. (Read 1027 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Unfortunately i  don't think this is a problem we are going to have to deal with anytime in the near future.  At the moment bitcoin can be broken down into such small increments that unless we reach ridiculous amounts of money per bitcoin its just not an issue.  1 million per bitcoin is not going to be seen in our lifetime and pretty good chance ever.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
Nobody knows what is going to happen with the Bitcoin price in the future because we cannot look into the future. I think that the price will be higher tho then now so that we can make more money.
i agree  no one knows what will happen on its price in the near future.It is depending on its supply and demand so nothing is stable its price may fall down or even rise up to its peak specially this halving.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Nobody knows what is going to happen with the Bitcoin price in the future because we cannot look into the future. I think that the price will be higher tho then now so that we can make more money.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i think you can easily hard code other small unit smaller than 1 satoshi, to solve such issue, if bitcoin ever touch that value

i would be very happy already, because it mean that bitcoin has been successful, everyhting else can always be tweaked easily, it's just code, require consensus though
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
In my opinion, by the time the price of Bitcoins will be quite different, how we know it is now present. And for example, 1 Satoshi will cost a lot of money. Some feared that the Bitcoin can add more zeros. Okay, why not? For example 0,0000000000000001 BTC.
Moreover, does not interfere with anything else cryptocurrency create hundreds of them! And maybe there will be a parallel with Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
At the moment, the smallest unit is Satoshi. However, if the demand keep increasing and we have more and more coins lost, we can go further down to 1 mSatoshi, 1 microSatoshi.... etc

With the mining reward halving every 4 years, we will eventually have the mining reward coming from the transaction fee. At the moment it is very minimal. However, as we go halving every time, the transaction fee will become more and more significant. Value of bitcoin will continue to increase resulting in transaction fee able to sustain the mining cost...

Everything is in equilibrium.

just brainstorming here: with 21m bitcoin as max, what happens to the bitcoin after all mined? We just keep using the mined bitcoins with no rewards? I can draw a parallel between this as some currency (e.g.) that can not be printed at all after certain time. With that, the maximum market cap for bitcoin with the current price of 650$ is about 13,5 billion. Now the value can certainly rise and fall depending on how popular it becomes however if it really becomes, i can only see it is rising in value tremendously and forever and only issue hampering its growth is the granularity such that there could be some products whose price can not be represented by a smallest unit of bitcoin: satoshi. But still i think it is long long way to reach to the point. So I just re-imagined, how much the value of bitcoin will be when 1 satoshi equals 1 cents. This milestone is  I think is important because once 1 satoshi start equalling more than 1 cents, we started seeing some products/things that can not be represented 1 satoshi and that value is 1btc=1,000,000$.

But if it rises more than that, i dont see huge issue since there are not much stuff/products that costs 1c (1satoshi) and likely of crisis resulting from products costing less than 1c/1satoshi is very minimal.

Just my stupid thoughts Smiley

The interest i have here is with that much rising potential how to make it more valuable so that anyone holding bitcoin can reap a nice benefit. The way forward seems more need to use bitcoin, increasing its demand, and promoting it to generic public.

Also there is a risk due to volatile nature..due to its small market cap, that negative news affected the bitcoin price tremendously from 1000$ to less than 200$ few years back due to the fact it was involved in underground illegal trading. Looking from now on, I think it was more like a knee-jerk reaction of market, people not realizing that it is not because it is favored currency by criminals, dollar is so far the most favourite currency by criminals. I think we have mostly overcome that stage and several of the dark web page has shut down, yet bitcoin thrived. In fact, I think those events actually helped to make bitcoin more popular by giving my press, albeit in a negative way.

Now what in the future could potentially drive down the price again?

If you see any flaws in my thought process, please let me know and why.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
just brainstorming here: with 21m bitcoin as max, what happens to the bitcoin after all mined? We just keep using the mined bitcoins with no rewards? I can draw a parallel between this as some currency (e.g.) that can not be printed at all after certain time. With that, the maximum market cap for bitcoin with the current price of 650$ is about 13,5 billion. Now the value can certainly rise and fall depending on how popular it becomes however if it really becomes, i can only see it is rising in value tremendously and forever and only issue hampering its growth is the granularity such that there could be some products whose price can not be represented by a smallest unit of bitcoin: satoshi. But still i think it is long long way to reach to the point. So I just re-imagined, how much the value of bitcoin will be when 1 satoshi equals 1 cents. This milestone is  I think is important because once 1 satoshi start equalling more than 1 cents, we started seeing some products/things that can not be represented 1 satoshi and that value is 1btc=1,000,000$.

But if it rises more than that, i dont see huge issue since there are not much stuff/products that costs 1c (1satoshi) and likely of crisis resulting from products costing less than 1c/1satoshi is very minimal.

Just my stupid thoughts Smiley

The interest i have here is with that much rising potential how to make it more valuable so that anyone holding bitcoin can reap a nice benefit. The way forward seems more need to use bitcoin, increasing its demand, and promoting it to generic public.

Also there is a risk due to volatile nature..due to its small market cap, that negative news affected the bitcoin price tremendously from 1000$ to less than 200$ few years back due to the fact it was involved in underground illegal trading. Looking from now on, I think it was more like a knee-jerk reaction of market, people not realizing that it is not because it is favored currency by criminals, dollar is so far the most favourite currency by criminals. I think we have mostly overcome that stage and several of the dark web page has shut down, yet bitcoin thrived. In fact, I think those events actually helped to make bitcoin more popular by giving my press, albeit in a negative way.

Now what in the future could potentially drive down the price again?

If you see any flaws in my thought process, please let me know and why.

Pages:
Jump to: