Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to the BitLicense if everyone leaves NYC? - page 2. (Read 1010 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Businesses that stay get a bigger share of the NY market, there are already some exchanges complying and some applying for the license.

Less businesses operating in NY more desirable the market gets, because there's less competition a there's the incentive to get the license.

Agree with that.

I think the most intelligent thing for businesses is to comply in New York, prompt a popup or something warning about it in NY, and staying the same in other places.

If we want Bitcoin to be adopted by many, I think that the common user would not care much if there is more data collected from their transactions. At least, I do not care much about it.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Businesses that stay get a bigger share of the NY market, there are already some exchanges complying and some applying for the license.

Less businesses operating in NY more desirable the market gets, because there's less competition a there's the incentive to get the license.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Then NYC is a loser. This is why regulation is such a subtle thing. Sure, the government has an obligation to prevent laundering, but they have killed the golden goose with over regulation. Now the money that was going to New York will go to London, Dubai, and other forward thinking places.
It was a stupid move that could cost billions. 
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
According to the latest news we are seeing, literally every business and venture related to Bitcoin is leaving New York City due BitLicense not so cool regulations. My question is, if everyone leaves, what's the point for a BitLicense to stay? Will the BitLicense stay even if there are 0 businesses there?
Will this set and example and make other places consider implementing a BitLicense type regulation twice?
Pages:
Jump to: