Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens when Bitcoin reaches its Max Supply? - page 5. (Read 1709 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 167
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Hi i have a question, i hope someone could answer it
As of now, the circulating supply of Bitcoin is 16.6M
I was wondering what would happen if it reaches 21M?

Will bitcoin still work even without mining?
Or will bitcoin fall apart?
I think bitcoin will still work but no more mining so it is very difficult to find and become rare and the price is definitely very high
MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards

The bitcoin value will become more expensive if will reach the maximum supply or the price will stock up at the highest point and it will not going down anymore. Miners will be affected because there is no more blocks rewards and the transaction jobs will become expensive but will be few so many of the miners will not going to be needed anymore so that the fees will not become cheap therefore some of them will probably shift to other coins like ethereum in order to continue the profit.
Activity: 115
Merit: 100
I had the same idea. Who will confirm the transactions without mining fees? and what will be bitcoin price then?

Well no one would know of course we are hoping that it will be worth hundred of thousands or  millions but it is possible that bitcoin could be worthless. Also there are other coins that miners can mine.

It is still years and years before every bitcoin is mine so as long as we are on a bull ride, i will ride it.
Haha, your opinion is interesting and funny
I also thought then that the value of bitcoin would be worthless
Wait and see
By the year 2140
Activity: 182
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
The demnad will be very high leading to a higher price
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
If bitcoin reaches its maxed supply wouldn't that create a situation of more demand less supply and the prices could go high maybe. Miners will also get paid differently as the only thing they would earn from is the payment fees. So maybe when the supply reaches max supply bitcoin prices can go high.

Hi, your question is searchable and it's has been answered many times. The summary of answer is this:
1. Miners will still work and will still have a profit or reward and that is the transaction fees. In which i think is still profitable.
2. Bitcoin will not fall apart, it will continue to grow on transactions and volume.
And I think BitCoin will fall, because the weaknesses, limitations and disadvantages of BitCoin is much more than other currencies.
if bitcoin is still used, maybe the bitcoin price will be to the moon. but if not, maybe slowly, bitcoin price will reach its lowest point. well, it could be the price of bitcoin to be completely stable.
HAHA, many people also think that bitcoin will go to the moon when the supply reaches its maximum.
Only 21 million bitcoins have been created, but the world has 7 billion
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
bitcoin has reached the cap and it cannot be mine anymore year a go already and as bitcoin now has limited supply but continue on demand nad be known more in the worll. it will surely hit the moon ! and this is good for bitcoin holders !
I did not think about it, that time was in 2140 when BitCoin could have gone into the museum and was in the history books.
Then the bitcoin supply will run out, BitCoin can only deflate, ie increase the value
The marvelous bitcooin that currencies do not have is the quantitative limit
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
if bitcoin is still used, maybe the bitcoin price will be to the moon. but if not, maybe slowly, bitcoin price will reach its lowest point. well, it could be the price of bitcoin to be completely stable.
Activity: 532
bitcoin will circulate when all supply are mined and the demand will also be high and the value will be high too. the fee will also increase to pay miner for confirming transaction but it will take years to mine all the supply.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
I had the same idea. Who will confirm the transactions without mining fees? and what will be bitcoin price then?

Well no one would know of course we are hoping that it will be worth hundred of thousands or  millions but it is possible that bitcoin could be worthless. Also there are other coins that miners can mine.

It is still years and years before every bitcoin is mine so as long as we are on a bull ride, i will ride it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Hi, your question is searchable and it's has been answered many times. The summary of answer is this:
1. Miners will still work and will still have a profit or reward and that is the transaction fees. In which i think is still profitable.
2. Bitcoin will not fall apart, it will continue to grow on transactions and volume.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 490
Merit: 106

I think when all of Bitcoin are in curculation it is possible that transaction fees will rise because of increase in the demand for transactions.
Without mining Bitcoin transactions won't work but mining all the Bitcoin supply doesn't mean bitcoin miners will stop mining, miners still can make profit from transaction fees but the issue is, is transaction fees enough for miners to make profit from it? But It is too early to think about it, some experts said that all Bitcoins will be mined in 2140.
Activity: 124
▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰
bitcoin halving it is..
i think when the supply is out the demand will begin to shoots up high because there is no bitcoin to be found you'll only gain it when you buy it or someone had paid you bitcoins.. it will become a need so everyone will need it this will cause its price to continuously grow its value..
Activity: 208
After bitcoins are all mined (reaches it max supply), miners will not get reward from generating new coins, but they will get transaction fees. It will take a while for bitcoins to reach its max supply. By that time, bitcoins will be worth more and the transaction fees may be more than enough to keep miners motivated to secure the network.
Activity: 504
that's one of the questions that almost all bitcoin users use when bitcoin gets mined, I think bitcoin will still work even it will be something rare and increasingly expensive like antiques, such as economic theory the more difficult things can be done then the more expensive it is one of the trade laws.
Pages:
Jump to: