Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens when new altcoins encourage religious, political and other agendas? - page 5. (Read 531 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
Bitcoin is an epitome of free speech and freedom from these dogmas. If someone inside is trying to incite such topics and using that to polarize users, they should not be given any more of your time. There are cunning users trying to use these angles to get investors into their pocket but that is just another scamming method which you all must understand.

Previously I have seen coins like ADAB exchange which was also a shady project using religious sentiments and that project is nowhere to be found now.

In either case, someone inciting an agenda is an immediate red flag. Trust bitcoin and stop spending your money on useless memecoins and shitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
These are memecoins! Not to be taken seriously at all! This kind of coins will take a trip of the market, some traders will make money and then all will be gone. I am sure there's no motives behind the creation of this coin.

Coin developers are slowly running out of subjects to name their coin so now they seems to be using religion to put an emotional angle to their marketing. But the market is even more intelligent and such coins will be doomed sooner than later.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Ironically, meme-based coins are way more promising than belief-based coins/tokens. It also has been proven.

The possibility such tokens are created only to scam or extract money is very likely compared to a mere belief reason. Or simply only a cult-like follower would use such religious/political-backed tokens/coins. I'm certain such an altcoin will not provide any value or utility thus the only reason it could exist is a mere belief reason. So, there is no significant point an altcoin could thrive based on the things you mentioned.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
I've seen it a few times on Twitter and indeed they use the promotion feature to draw the community into it. Once again, regardless of the purpose of the coin, I'm not sure that carrying a religious label will make them interested in investing. Because such a coin is only under the guise of gaining trust and as if applying a religious concept. But the fact is that it is really for the benefit of a handful of people, including those who manage the project. At this time, don't be easily provoked by labels in the name of race, religion, or certain groups because there have been many projects like this using masks for personal gain.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Any new altcoins bearing the idea of any religion should already be defined as a scam. The thirst for profit, which is exactly what overcomes the developers of these projects, already denies the principles of any religion.
Many such coins have been created in history; can you check where they are now? Are there any successful examples? Gathering followers in one direction or another around you is a bad idea. And I don't think that believers can become investors in such crap. Although today's madness of the whole world with the denial of everything previously stable will find followers
Activity: 882
Merit: 207
I stumbled upon this thread on Twitter talking about the emergence of islamiccoin. In the history of altcoins, I wonder who would try to create a religious coin and with what motive?
What happens when other religions and political offices and even other sections of power launch their own coins?
I know most already exist, is this move more to empower followers of such beliefs with a future proof and profitable financial instrument and should be encouraged or will this cause an even further divide with evolutionary complications?
Uganda is one of the nations who has embraced this development and is championing the cause to help their Muslim community redefine themselves through entrepreneurship and investment in both cryptocurrency.

If 3-4% of the Muslim online community will hold Islamic Coin, it will become a bitcoin-scale crypto asset!

Reference link:
https://twitter.com/Islamic_Coin/status/1620656062125719555

What are your thoughts? Let's discuss!
Pages:
Jump to: