Pages:
Author

Topic: What has happened with the mempool? - page 2. (Read 401 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
May 12, 2022, 04:19:45 AM
There might be a group with many people who transfer their holdings to an exchange and sell and I think it might be a group of whales?

If there would be whales, why wouldn't they transfer their funds in a much smaller number of transactions?
It has looked to me more like a withdrawal/payout done by an entity to a huge number of addresses, especially as the fees are pretty much similar (which would not be the same if there would be competing trading or arbitrage bots). That's why I was asking.

Last time someone spiked the mempool like this fees went way up almost instantly. They are still sane now.

Last time it may have been a competition between bots and probably the price was also going upwards.

Having the mods remove that post since I guess we can discuss it here....

Thank you.

It wants its share of fun, we have things going down the drain everywhere why not some shitshow here too?  Grin Grin

If the price doesn't go up suddenly, I'd expect this get cleared before Monday. Else... that will be a shitshow, this is nothing yet.

I see people claiming it's Binance consolidating inputs, but I've not seen any proof for that, furthermore, when you fill the blocks with consolidation transactions you tend to have fewer of them, yet in the logs, I see over 2000 tx per block constantly.

I'd expect consolidation be big transactions, not many transactions. So I agree, this doesn't look like consolidation.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
May 11, 2022, 08:29:28 PM
I can't find any events or news that could affect mempool spike what I only notice is that the spike started a few hours ago while the price reaches $28k.
There might be a group with many people who transfer their holdings to an exchange and sell and I think it might be a group of whales?

Even Cryptopanic don't have news or event that could affect this spike. Cryptoquant and Glassnode only show exchange inflow(It's currently under trending).
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
May 11, 2022, 05:50:04 PM
I actually started a thread about the same time commenting that although the mempool is bloated fees did not spike.
That is what I find more interesting. Last time someone spiked the mempool like this fees went way up almost instantly. They are still sane now.
Having the mods remove that post since I guess we can discuss it here....

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
May 11, 2022, 05:37:23 PM
It wants its share of fun, we have things going down the drain everywhere why not some shitshow here too?  Grin Grin

I see people claiming it's Binance consolidating inputs, but I've not seen any proof for that, furthermore, when you fill the blocks with consolidation transactions you tend to have fewer of them, yet in the logs, I see over 2000 tx per block constantly.
And of course, we're down 14 blocks from the normal place in the last 24h, to make things spicier!

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
May 11, 2022, 05:02:36 PM
Does anybody know what has happened with the mempool in the last hours?
I see that somebody has dumped 100 vMB of transactions at 12-14 sat/vByte.
Any background story about who has done this or what event has caused it?

source: https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC,8h,weight
Pages:
Jump to: