Pages:
Author

Topic: What I think the Halving could bring - page 3. (Read 1542 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
June 14, 2016, 03:40:58 AM
Your option B is very dangerous and could actually mean the end of Bitcoin. Fortunately there is very little chance of this scenario playing out. I think the big question on everyone's mind is where will the new floor be after the halving. I highly doubt we'll see sub $500 prices again but it's hard to predict where the price will settle.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
June 14, 2016, 03:15:21 AM
As you said , the first one is the most likely thing to happen. B is unlikely however I have no problem if that happens, I feel that I don't veve enough bitcoin to make a lot of profit so If it goes down , It will good for me , that way I can buy more coins with a cheaper price.
Activity: 443
Merit: 251
Hey there :D
June 14, 2016, 03:10:05 AM
Why would you want option B? it wont happen anyway but just get on the train man, everyone always wants cheaper bitcoin and its a mentality i started with initially.  The best thing to do is keep getting more bitcoin and holding for longest time possible, you have very little stress this way.  
I have mixed feelings about B I like and hate it; I like how it could be a mini reset on the difficulty but of course don't like the fact of bitcoin's price crashing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
June 14, 2016, 03:04:37 AM
Why would you want option B? it wont happen anyway but just get on the train man, everyone always wants cheaper bitcoin and its a mentality i started with initially.  The best thing to do is keep getting more bitcoin and holding for longest time possible, you have very little stress this way.  
Activity: 443
Merit: 251
Hey there :D
June 14, 2016, 02:57:17 AM
I believe that only one of 2 things will happen after the halving

A (The Most Predictable)
The price will double up to 900$ a coin and mining will resume to be as profitable as ever; things basically stay the same except with bitcoin being 900$ a coin it's the same profits for miners.

B (My Favorite)
Bitcoin's price consequently will crash due to massive selling once reaching a certain point of profit say 800$; this massive drop in price will cause miners to stop mining due to it no longer being profitable. Due to the lack of mining over a month or so difficulty will drop down to the tens of thousands, once again inspiring miners to mine and rebuilding the bitcoin economy back bringing a much slower steady rise to bitcoin up to a price which is okay between miners and consumers (Maybe 700-800). Just my guess; put your thoughts below!
Pages:
Jump to: