Pages:
Author

Topic: What if all possible bitcoin wallets are owned? - page 2. (Read 3017 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
What's f**cking Zeptometre and Yoctoseconds Undecided

Just some rarely used SI prefixes. "zepto-" stands for 10-21 and "yocto-" stands for 10-24.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix#List_of_SI_prefixes

wow! why do we even need that shit!
Too much for me . Undecided
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Just some rarely used SI prefixes. "zepto-" stands for 10-21 and "yocto-" stands for 10-24.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix#List_of_SI_prefixes
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
bitcoin wallet has generate automatically with numeric and mathematic system
thats why its revolutioner
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
This is more appropriate:

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
i don't think it will done ever
even if someone setup system to generate a lot of new addresses automatically then it will take them hundreds of the years or more
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
would it be possible that a fork brings us way more addresses and still let us use our current ones?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
It is practically impossible for one to generate all the addresses available without a few thousand hardware from the future (few hundred years). Why would someone even want to try it? It would just be a waste of resources.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
If I were you I won't be bothered at all as the possibility is so low. Too low, like almost zero probability to have the same address owned by two different person. Even in advancement in computing power for years to come it will take a whole lifetime for things like that to happen.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
it will take yearssssssss to generate all possible BTC address but just in case, maybe they can add atleast 1 character to it Smiley
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
That's pretty damn cool. Not gonna lie. Anyways, thanks for the response guys. Appreciate the education.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

This is really mindblowing. Bitcoin will survive until universe explodes.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
Chart couple posts above should end this discussion.
There is more bitcoin addresses than all grains of sands in all beaches of the world
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
There are too many bitcoin addresses that can be generated. Generating them all requires a computing power that's never been heard of before, and can be possibly invented after millions of years from now. It is possible, but is very improbable at the current time frame.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
It is my understanding that bitcoin wallets are created through a hash table with 64 bits of alphanumeric characters. What happens when all wallets are completely used up? What happens then? Just a curiosity question.

I guess you are talking about bitcoin addresses and not wallets. Given the number of addresses possible, it is unlikely to happen when mankind rules.  Smiley
There are so many addresses that the probability of an identical address being generated by 2 users is almost zero. That should happen long before all addresses are used up.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
it would take a huge amount of time, which is impossible for any human, maybe some alien technology in the future can make it possible
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
that's not possible as there are over 2^160 possible addresses
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
It is my understanding that bitcoin wallets are created through a hash table with 64 bits of alphanumeric characters.
Your understanding is incorrect. There is no hashtable involved anywhere, and Bitcoin addresses have 160 bits of data.

thank you for the correction.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Honest 80s business!
It is my understanding that bitcoin wallets are created through a hash table with 64 bits of alphanumeric characters.
Your understanding is incorrect. There is no hashtable involved anywhere, and Bitcoin addresses have 160 bits of data.

Just have to stop by and say how awesome it is that people with incredible inside knowledge and understanding like gmaxwell just stop by and help answering questions from people who are new to Bitcoin. Awesome!!!
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

Pages:
Jump to: