Pages:
Author

Topic: What if bitcoin can be used in buying online game items ? - page 2. (Read 173 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Your idea is really useful for game developers. I think if this approach is very convenient for gaming enthusiasts. But if the player earns Bitcoin, it's great, which attracts a lot of gamers. Game developers will earn big money from placing ads of other units.
Activity: 137
Merit: 0
I am a gamer too and I think it is best if the cryptocurrency will be used as a payment in an online games. I hope there is a possibility to have a discount if we will use directly a certain token. If that happens, I will buy some gems in my game in order for my character to have a strong skills and armies.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
As long as your average gamer does not suffer long delays (and high transaction fees) when using bitcoin to purchase and participate in online games then bitcoin might have a chance to make it in the gaming industry.

There are also other crypto projects that bitcoin has to compete with in the gaming industry. Some are games that were developed with currencies using the blockchain like Huntercoin and Motocoin while others are designed as a digital distribution platform for the gaming multiverse like Abyss where gamers can earn from in-game activities and other social activities.Also game developers get to benefit from this platform.
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
I believe in the year 2016, there's already an online games that can be purchased through bitcoin. It's Valve that has partnered with Bitcoin payment. Kindly check this link for further information.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/11525482/bitcoin-steam-valve-bitpay
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Once bitcoin was used in buying online games, many people will buy bitcoins. As we all know, many people were addicted in online games, if bitcoin was allowed to purchase something used in online games, it has a larger potential market. Because of this, results to increase in market price.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
Bitcoin can be used as a payment system to purchase all goods on the Internet. But it seems to me that bitcoin has now become a significant brake for the gaming industry. Miners swallowed up all the stocks of the GPU. At the same time, the price of GPU is so high that it is impossible to buy them for non-commercial purposes. I think that this situation significantly reduces the demand for computer games.
Activity: 411
Merit: 19
It will be implemented very soon, a lot of projects announce this functionality.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
This is already happening and the best game I have seen that incorporated Blockchain technology has to be :

https://www.augmentorsgame.com/  This game got some good exposure when it was pitched to some investors in the

reality series, Shark Tank. A lot of games does not use Bitcoin directly, but you can buy tokens with bitcoins to upgrade

your character and to improve your game. I expect a huge increase in in-game Bitcoin based games, when the Lightning

Network becomes more mainstream. The Lightning Network will make micro transactions cheaper and faster and that is

what these game developers are looking for at the moment.  Wink
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
This question comes into my mind since I am a big fan of different online games and those games are using money to buy certain items for your hero/character. This can be a good reason for bitcoin to make its way on gaming industry, what if they are also involve in gaming ? is it more convenient for the gaming industry to buy items using bitcoin ? We all know that there are many online games that are popular around the world and also there are tournaments involving such online games and the rewards are very huge and it also counts in millions of dollars. So I think, bitcoin should really make its way in the gaming industry.
Pages:
Jump to: