Pages:
Author

Topic: What if bitcoin is regulated in China? - page 3. (Read 5532 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 13, 2015, 01:21:26 PM
Something that could be terrifying would be if they agree to start an "official" state-controled cryptocurrency. With all the money that this group of people have, they could kill Bitcoin and even Ethereum !

Can you please explain how exactly any state-controled cryptocurrency may put other cryptocurrencies in danger? Let's say Russia will start producing its own dollars, will this put U.S. dollar in danger?

But if they fully legalize Bitcoin, price will surely increase Smiley.

Bitcoin doesn't need no "full legalization". It just needs less restrictions and regulations.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 13, 2015, 12:29:58 PM
Something that could be terrifying would be if they agree to start an "official" state-controled cryptocurrency. With all the money that this group of people have, they could kill Bitcoin and even Ethereum !

But if they fully legalize Bitcoin, price will surely increase Smiley.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 13, 2015, 10:23:20 AM
and other country will foollow that regulation?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 13, 2015, 09:18:01 AM
I would see it as another positive thing happening to Bitcoin.If Bitcoin will be regulated in China this means more people will involve with more freedom in Bitcoin.This will take it one more step forward towards bright future.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 13, 2015, 08:46:40 AM
While I frown upon the idea of regulation, I think if that means bringing bitcoin popularity and adoption towards the next level, then I'll agree to it. I hope by having some form of control, this will instill trust and confidence of those people having doubts towards bitcoin. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice something and that's a fact.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
October 13, 2015, 08:40:26 AM
If bitcoin will be regulated in some country (whosoever it will be) this would be a great news for the community of bitcoiners. But if regulated in China this would be the BIG news for everyone which believe in bitcoin. The importance of this country in the world, its increasing power and development make this news really great. After USA maybe China is the most important country which had (if will be so) regulated it.

To not forget that China has the biggest figures about bitcoin. The most number of miners are from China and according to Coindesk, China has a strong competitive advantage in bitcoin mining; it currently accounts for at least 50% of the global bitcoin network mining power and about 3.6 million bitcoin wallets have been created with bitcoin wallet provider Blockchain, while Coinbase has over 2.3 million users.

Let's hope that this news will be followed from other steps and the status of bitcoin in China go from "restricted" in "regulated" and "legal".
Activity: 56
October 13, 2015, 07:24:56 AM
I still see chinese users still using bitcoin even if it was classified as illegal.

Bitcoin is not illegal in China. Only bank are not allowed to transact it directly. You can still buy and sell bitcoin in exchanges.
Activity: 378
October 13, 2015, 06:36:11 AM
I still see chinese users still using bitcoin even if it was classified as illegal.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 13, 2015, 05:52:34 AM
Whatever any country in this world decides, China as well, can have only short term consequences on the Bitcoin price. Long-term I don't think that can be done any harm, unless the whole world gets together and bans Bitcoin collectively, and this will never happen.

So I am not worried much. Everybody will govern Bitcoin as they feel they supposed to. Even China, they restricted bank account connections to the Crypto exchanges in April, Chinese have still found the way to put money in and out of the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1620
news.8btc.com
October 13, 2015, 05:18:16 AM
I suspect the reason they are looking at regulating bitcoin is a part of their capital control restricting the outflow of money from the country. Right now, Bitcoin is actually he best way to do that right now.

Good point. Another news is the 7 trillion Chinese QE.

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 13, 2015, 05:14:00 AM
If it gets "regulated", it will get closer to "legit" and more people will be confident to put their money in.
If the regulation is not good enough, the current users will not leave the bitcoin world, there are a lot of means to still use bitcoin. (Banning bitcoin never worked well.)

So overall it's a good news imho.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
October 13, 2015, 05:10:05 AM
It is hard to regulate Bitcoin anywhere. They can impose laws on exchanges but they cannot stop people from trading Bitcoin. Even if the exchange closes, big miners can still trade with others overseas and still make a profit. Governments cannot shut down mining farms as they are relatively hard to find.
Activity: 56
October 13, 2015, 03:53:08 AM
I think that if bitcoin was regulated in China, it would be a good thing. China is one of the biggest countries and contributes to a lot of the economy with its exports. Bitcoin would most likely go up as more people would want it, but there would still only be a certain amount of it and that amount is not changing.  Grin

If bitcoin can be used for buying/selling, importing/exporting goods, and gradually replace US dollar, then it is good.
legendary
Activity: 896
October 13, 2015, 03:24:59 AM
Random billionaire to take an interest in Bitcoin would change things.

There are plenty of them in China that's for sure.

if 1 billionaire is going to actively invest in bitcoin then others will follow. this everything can bring bitcoin into a new bubble phase. but this is purely speculating.
Activity: 205
Investor / Trader / Analyst
October 13, 2015, 03:10:40 AM
Random billionaire to take an interest in Bitcoin would change things.

There are plenty of them in China that's for sure.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 13, 2015, 03:06:08 AM
i dunno if they would still invest big in bitcoin, even if regulated, when they are contorlling and mining a shitload of coins everyday

those that are already interested should be in, in any case even now, it's not like it is banned, you can trade there without problem
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 13, 2015, 03:03:32 AM
I think that if bitcoin was regulated in China, it would be a good thing. China is one of the biggest countries and contributes to a lot of the economy with its exports. Bitcoin would most likely go up as more people would want it, but there would still only be a certain amount of it and that amount is not changing.  Grin
Activity: 205
Investor / Trader / Analyst
October 13, 2015, 03:01:54 AM
So are they still going to treat bitcoin like postage stamps?
Activity: 392
October 13, 2015, 03:00:05 AM
I suspect the reason they are looking at regulating bitcoin is a part of their capital control restricting the outflow of money from the country. Right now, Bitcoin is actually he best way to do that right now.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 13, 2015, 02:08:01 AM
Whichever governments want to extract the greatest percent of GDP growth (collect the most tax dollars) for their country from this new technological revolution will be the first ones who give regulatory clarification and those with the least legal regulations will get an additional GDP boost.

Just like how the countries that industrialized first had a GDP growth advantage over those who industrialized last. The early adopters get the most benefit.  Just as the early bitcoin adopters did better than the rest of us late to the party Rip Van Winkles, the early Countries who adopt crypto will get much more benefit than those who are late to the party.  

The early bird gets the worm, and it looks like China is hungry.  The sun rises in the east after all it seems.

They will first need to find a way to enforce the taxes.. It will be very difficult in the early days to keep track of bitcoin and wether taxes are being paid.

I don't see the early countries benefitting more in this way. It will probably be those sitting on the sidelines, first creating a method to extract taxes, that will profit.
Pages:
Jump to: