Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Bitcoin was centralized? - page 12. (Read 2453 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 20, 2017, 01:22:27 PM
It will be nothing more than another competitor of paypal in online payment gateway and price of bitcoin will not be like right now. 1 bitcoin might have tied up with some $ and it might remain at those level always. There will be also possibility like total shutdown of the service like crack down of liberty reserve few months back if it will be controlled by one one person or a group of people.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 20, 2017, 01:10:52 PM
What if some one take control of BTC? It means being Centralized, All transaction will be track together with identification and value will not increase or decrease like fiat money. No one will  invest on it, It will lose it character and investors, it will dump by many people holding on it. Centralization of bitcoin can lead to downfall of it.
Activity: 132
-->BUY-->HODL-->SELL-->REPEAT-->
September 20, 2017, 01:09:39 PM
it would defeat the purpose of bitcoin
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
September 20, 2017, 01:08:47 PM
what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?

I really won't support for bitcoin to become a centralized money because if it is been centralized in any place then taxation will be applicable to use bitcoins and service tax to trading site and many more things have been initialized.
Banks will try to regulate and they will increase the fees to send the bitcoins to internationally transferred address.
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
September 20, 2017, 01:00:48 PM
what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?

Then that particular entity will have the power to dictate what the price is. That is the basic principle of centralization, since you can control and manipulate the market, you can easily dictate what the price is. Also, you can block anyone's transaction because you made it centralized, there is a main or center point so every transaction will pass through the center point and you can easily block or redirect transactions. Though these are the worst case scenario, it might be possible.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2017, 12:55:35 PM
There are several centralized Bitcoins. They are called banks, credit cards, paypals, etc...  Only difference in essence tis that BTC is decentralized and others aren't.

Maybe to formulate your question better.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
September 20, 2017, 12:54:19 PM

One of the following will happen

1) Pigs will fly
2) Unicorns will fart cheescakes
3) Dragons will rule the UK
4) Somalia will become a G7 member

And if somehow somebody will manage to get the 51% mining and a total control over nodes, bitoin will turn into ripple.
Which is not doing that bad ....

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 20, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
In my little noob unterstanding it is not possible to take control of it. Only if you own 51% of all BTC
Yes, but the point here is "what if". So, I think if bitcoin would be centralized we would not see such prices as now and we would have to pay taxes to the government from this earnings. Those two things would change bitcoin totally and I doubt that it would stay so attractive as it is now.

I do not think it's possible for the government to take over Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is not a legitimate payment to buy any item, maybe if it really happened, it would be difficult to get Bitcoin and no one will give Bitcoin free for everyone.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Blockchain the future of democratic payment!
September 20, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
The goal of BTC can't e attained if that's the case. It's
like a beautiful girl but you can't bang it. Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
September 20, 2017, 11:53:57 AM
In my little noob unterstanding it is not possible to take control of it. Only if you own 51% of all BTC
Yes, but the point here is "what if". So, I think if bitcoin would be centralized we would not see such prices as now and we would have to pay taxes to the government from this earnings. Those two things would change bitcoin totally and I doubt that it would stay so attractive as it is now.
There's really no 'what if' here. Should an entity (let's say Bitcoin Core) take control of Bitcoin by forcing their changes without consensus, then the community forks and the centralized version dies instantly.
There can only be a decentralized Bitcoin. There is no room for centralization even hypothetically.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
September 20, 2017, 11:49:40 AM
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
So you mean like Eth is lol Smiley
Activity: 210
September 20, 2017, 11:46:22 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 20, 2017, 11:44:22 AM
Pages:
Jump to: