Pages:
Author

Topic: What if bitcoin will be made as the official cryptocurrency? - page 4. (Read 960 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
What if bitcoin will be made as the official cryptocurrency,  promoted and regulated by the government,  what will be the effect to other cryptocurrencies?  Is there a chance that others will be banned? How do you if will affect the bitcoin price? Will it be a negative impact on bitcoin itself?

I doubt we'll ever see the day where Bitcoin will become legal tender, but I could imagine reaching a point where the first country decides to build Bitcoin reserves.

As soon as that happens it will only be a matter of time for other governments to follow suits. Needless to say this would be one of the scenarios where Bitcoin would come close too, if not surpass, Gold's market cap.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
There's no such thing as an "official" cryptocurrency and it's impossible that any government would like to connect itself with Bitcoin or any other coin that's not a private blockchain. So it's pretty much impossible to answer your questions.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
Bitcoin is already the main or official cryptocurrency in my opinion, it is the first and most popular.
I don't see the government promoting cryptocurrency but if it would happen, Bitcoin has the most potential.
When the government finds a way to regulate cryptocurrencies they will do it, not for one crypto but for all.
There is a chance that some cryptocurrencies especially ICOs will get banned in more countries, it already happened in China and South Korea.
This will affect the price of Bitcoin positively on long term, because the demand for ICOs will drop and the demand for Bitcoin will grow because crypto enthusiasts will change their ICO tokens for coins like Bitcoin.
Activity: 318
Merit: 251

If bitcoin is made official, it will significantly affect its growth, but most likely this will not happen in the near future, because politicians can not regulate it and tax it. And this is important for them. Roll Eyes Undecided
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
What if bitcoin will be made as the official cryptocurrency,  promoted and regulated by the government,  what will be the effect to other cryptocurrencies?  Is there a chance that others will be banned? How do you if will affect the bitcoin price? Will it be a negative impact on bitcoin itself?
Pages:
Jump to: