Pages:
Author

Topic: What if China ban was temporary - page 5. (Read 1556 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
September 30, 2017, 09:26:08 PM
As far as what I've read, China's ban is really temporary. They just wanted the ICOs to be regulated. Once the ban was lifted, I'm sure that Bitcoin price will increase more. Aside feom that, many investors will be encourage again. China is one of the biggest and largest Bitcoin users in the world.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
September 30, 2017, 09:08:33 PM
To the moon we go! If the ban is lifted the price will surely lift too. But I don't think it matters a lot now. We have recovered back to pre-ban price within just a few weeks, not even reaching a month. Bitcoin will do just fine without China, that is a very good thing.

This is speculative and I don't think that the scenario in OP is true. The China ban is pure because they want to regulate cryptocurrency in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
September 30, 2017, 09:06:46 PM
If the ban is temporary, we will see a new regulated ICO and exchanges. The ICO entrepreneurs will try to get ahead of each other to present their project to the local market. There will be a huge demand of bitcoin in China's market.

Very True, I have a strong feeling china will soon regulate ICO and crypto in general ..
can be more mentioned that this is not a permanent ban. the banning of the Chinese government is only temporary and it only aims to regulate bitcoin and ICO to be easier to control. so that later there will be no people who are disadvantaged. of course we have now seen many ICOs that failed and only hurt investors. I think this is what the Chinese government will do right now.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 30, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
According to a post by Forbes, The Chinese ban might be temporary because they want to appease international agencies and hardcore communist members ahead of the upcoming Communist Party convention. So if the ban was to be lifted today or anytime soon, how prepared would you be to make a great opportunity out of it since it only means two things, a massive price increase or decrease

Source:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2017/09/25/why-chinas-ban-on-bitcoin-may-be-temporary/2/#1c8055057d09

That would be great. If China will dismiss the ban for bitcoin it will drastically affect the price. You seemly have it fair for bitcoin to go up and to go done but basically the probability of the price of bitcoin to go down is a bit lower. Why? Because if China removes it ban we will be having a burst of investors and it will shorten bitcoins value and a price increase will happen as a result. So I will be happy if this is just a temporary ban

Activity: 476
Merit: 102
September 30, 2017, 08:44:54 PM
That is a good news if china is temporarily ban bitcoin. Since china is one of the big contributor of bitcoin movement in the market it is good if china remove ban for bitcoin and there are probably that bitcoin will rise the value if it is happen that china remove banning in bitcoin.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
September 30, 2017, 08:41:10 PM
For me this is the strategy of china to control the bitcoin usage in their country we know that china is one of powerful country because there is money involved on it

Activity: 182
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
September 30, 2017, 08:11:02 PM
If the ban is temporary, we will see a new regulated ICO and exchanges. The ICO entrepreneurs will try to get ahead of each other to present their project to the local market. There will be a huge demand of bitcoin in China's market.

Very True, I have a strong feeling china will soon regulate ICO and crypto in general ..
Activity: 57
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 06:47:30 PM
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 06:00:37 PM
According to a post by Forbes, The Chinese ban might be temporary because they want to appease international agencies and hardcore communist members ahead of the upcoming Communist Party convention. So if the ban was to be lifted today or anytime soon, how prepared would you be to make a great opportunity out of it since it only means two things, a massive price increase or decrease

Source:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2017/09/25/why-chinas-ban-on-bitcoin-may-be-temporary/2/#1c8055057d09
I don't care whether they ban it or not. Bitcoin will stay with or without them. I believe that China knows that it's their loss if they ban bitcoin permanently.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
September 30, 2017, 05:49:24 PM

I had expected it would be like that, because in the earlier days China was one of the country's big bitcoin holders.

China was indeed a big player, and till some extent they still are, but a whole lot of people have been trolled into thinking that they were far bigger than was the case in reality. Their fake trading volumes were a perfect example of that - I am quite sure that the majority of the flash traders squeezing out the market there weren't even Chinese at all. They just made use of the opportunities the top exchanges were offering with their zero fee trading, till the PBOC stepped in and ended everything. Volumes dropped from millions in traded coins per day, and that per exchange, to now a few thousand traded coins per day - that's what I consider to be a shocking difference. No workable climate for flash traders, no volume, it's that simple.

That is why to regulate it china had stopped the exchanges to operate for some days and after fully regulating it they will start back. Banning ICO was good step as lot of ICO are just scam and users who are investing are getting scammed and crypto currency is getting bad name.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
September 30, 2017, 05:47:25 PM
Even if the ban is temporary or it,China does not have a major say in the bitcoin market at the moment,the price is recovering really well after all the rumors being spread regarding the ban of ICO and exchanges and the panic selling from novice users and if China's ban was temporary it would be great for the Chinese market and nothing else. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 30, 2017, 05:45:29 PM

I had expected it would be like that, because in the earlier days China was one of the country's big bitcoin holders.

China was indeed a big player, and till some extent they still are, but a whole lot of people have been trolled into thinking that they were far bigger than was the case in reality. Their fake trading volumes were a perfect example of that - I am quite sure that the majority of the flash traders squeezing out the market there weren't even Chinese at all. They just made use of the opportunities the top exchanges were offering with their zero fee trading, till the PBOC stepped in and ended everything. Volumes dropped from millions in traded coins per day, and that per exchange, to now a few thousand traded coins per day - that's what I consider to be a shocking difference. No workable climate for flash traders, no volume, it's that simple.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 30, 2017, 05:39:42 PM
Nobody knows what was the real porpuse of China, i only know that they dropped the price a lot, but we are recovering from that dump, it would be a slowly proccess but we are already on 4,4k, we have to reach 4,9 and we would be there. anyway, i dont understand the real purpose of all of this mess, maybe it is because they wanted to lower the prices in order to buy more, but nobody knows it.

i think China in 2013 also banned bitcoin, but it was for 2 to 3 months and after that they again released the ban from bitcoin, therefore i can expect that it will again be a temporal ban and hope that very soon they will release the ban from bitcoin. Although no one know the real reason behind the banning bitcoin by China be still we can expect that they will very soon release the bane from bitcoin.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 05:13:22 PM
I think what ban is temporary too!
Activity: 243
Merit: 251
September 30, 2017, 05:11:34 PM
They're probably working towards ways to better regulate it and setting up the required facilities to oversee it. So yes, I think it's probably a temporary thing.
Activity: 510
September 30, 2017, 04:30:11 PM

Activity: 182
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
September 30, 2017, 04:25:43 PM
The spelling is not "temporal". I am pretty sure what you meant to say is "temporary".

Thank You, I will correct it
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
September 30, 2017, 03:47:42 PM
The spelling is not "temporal". I am pretty sure what you meant to say is "temporary".
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
September 30, 2017, 03:42:58 PM
Sure, it might be temporary. Only time will tell. The great thing is that Bitcoin doesn't need China or any single country's backing to survive. To the contrary, as long as internet is available Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will be available.

So if the ban was to be lifted today or anytime soon, how prepared would you be to make a great opportunity out of it since it only means two things, a massive price increase or decrease

The only way to be prepared for the news that China's ban on exchanges and restrictive legislation to other things has been lifted is to load up on Bitcoin now OR prepare to open an exchange upon a lift of the ban.

China didn't ban the use of Bitcoin. They only banned the operation of exchanges and the ability for people in China to use their currency to buy or sell bitcoin with/for fiat using an exchange located in China. Their regulation doesn't preclude someone from China wiring money to an exchange located out side of China or to exchange bitcoin from wallet to wallet via the blockchain.

Of course, the media makes it sound more dire, but the media is probably the least informed party in this discussion.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 30, 2017, 03:42:29 PM
Not really news, it's pretty much what everyone has been thinking so far. They only want to be sure to stay in control and thus they wanted to regulate it first.
Pretty much this ^.

China never wanted to ban cryptocurrency - they know that this tech is a really valuable and might be our future.
The main problem here is that Chinese government wants to control it and bend bitcoin to their will - and it is kinda hard to do ATM.
So they figured it out - until there will be a suitable plan to 'legalize' BTC they will restrict its usage. Many experts already said it will be only a temp ban.

Pages:
Jump to: