Pages:
Author

Topic: What If Satoshi Actually Lost His Private Keys - page 5. (Read 3456 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
To be honest, I don't think the real Satoshi would want to reveal his identity. He didn't reveal it when Bitcoin value was next to nothing. What makes you think he will now that people know what his worth is? If he does reveal himself, he will be dead before long. People see him walk pass and imagine a money bag walking. 1,000,000 units of Bitcoin at current price is no joke. That kind of imagination will surely expose his life to danger. Again, whether the PK to the 1million btc is lost or not there is never ever going to be the 21million total supply in circulation. Some holders have also lost access to their PK too.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Metawin.com
If I may ask, why can't satoshi log into his forum account?. Please I will be very happy if you share your reasons behind why you think he can't log in to his forum account if he decides to access the account again...
The reason why he can't access it and theymos secured the account because it's going to get hacked. There's a time where the forum's information was leaked and someone was selling it in a marketplace. This was announced before and theymos advised everyone to change their passwords if they haven't changed it during 2013.

Here's a good thread about the hacks that happened here before.
Activity: 166
Merit: 16
Then the creator of Bitcoin can't prove himself anymore.But this is trivial.

The bigger problem is those coins locked in p2pk addresses can never be sent to safer(QC resistent) addresses by their owner.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
Satoshi can't log in to his forum account, afaik theymos is the only one who have access to satoshi's account. Also signing messages from a bitcoin address is not the only way for him to prove he's the real Satoshi.

If I may ask, why can't satoshi log into his forum account?. Please I will be very happy if you share your reasons behind why you think he can't log in to his forum account if he decides to access the account again...

Satoshi can't log in to his forum account, afaik theymos is the only one who have access to satoshi's account. Also signing messages from a bitcoin address is not the only way for him to prove he's the real Satoshi.

If his account becomes active and starts posting I believe it's him since he's given enough proof to theymos.

His account is locked, so no. If he wants to claim his account, he'll have to contact me with a PGP signature.

That seems like reason enough for why Satoshi could not log into his account via this forumn. However I did not know that it was locked. That was definetly a smart call on Theymos part. Anyone could hack the Satoshi Account. And posting their new shitcoins (The Tabu Rosa) Lmao Good work Theymos!!! Also good looking out!
Activity: 342
Merit: 110

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Metawin.com

If his account becomes active and starts posting I believe it's him since he's given enough proof to theymos.

His account is locked, so no. If he wants to claim his account, he'll have to contact me with a PGP signature.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Nope, I don't believe there is, and that's why this is going to be an ominous situation for eternity.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
I am not saying that I believe his story what so ever. Lets say Satoshi Nakamoto DID really lose his keys due to a freakish accident. Would there be any way he could actually prove himself.

If Satoshi was to log into the Satoshi Account on this forumn and say I lost all of my Bitcoin keys, would anyone believe him?

Would a post here be enough proof?

If THE Satoshi logged in after almost 10 years of being Non Active and said word for word what the Newest Satoshi Scammer is saying but said it on this forumn would the community believe him, or would everyone just think his founder account had been compromised? I am curiouse on everyones thoughts on the subject. If from a previouse satoshi acct he said the same thing. I feel I would kind of trust him...
Pages:
Jump to: