Pages:
Author

Topic: What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 31201 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Therefore even the most ambitious buyers will not be able to buy all the bitcoins that are present today. However, this situation does not indicate that the market is not vulnerable to price manipulation; still does not require a lot of money to move the market price up or down, so so far Bitcoin is still classified as a volatile asset.
Activity: 56
That will be the news of the century. Have you also thought about if that pers9n buys all, what will be the sense when you have noother peron to trade with later on because you have all. Every other person will be with fiat and that person will alone be handling bitcoin, like where is the sense in that?
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
What you say is unlikely to happen, if it happens then there is a huge manipulation in the world.
Obviously, he wants to also have the power to manipulate.

I think that's crazy. if someone buys all the existing btc then who will buy back and maybe the btc will die
Just to remind you that bitcoin price has ups and downs so if it will have a correction then people who already sold their bitcoin will surely buy back. So how come it will die if there's a huge demand?

OP shouldn't go all in one certain price as the price is really a roller coaster ride, don't be a FOMO just because this is the trend instead know the risk in every aspect of investing.
Activity: 72
Nice question and nice if it happens. I would sell one portion of my last coin for 10000000000............ dollars and another potion for 999999999999........ dollars Grin Grin. It is impossible for one to buy all the existing bitcoins. That is how it is created. It is always a chain. Do not think the nonsense. Involve in it and earn with ease.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
current market cap of bitcoin is around $110 billion Roll Eyes Shocked
if someone to buy 50%-75% and assuming the price stays the same, that will cost him ~$60-80 billion
but that will not be the case, that much money thrown into market in short time would surely create sudden price increase
that much buying spree will doubled... tripled... bitcoin price or even more,
so definitely cost than $100 billion to buy up 50% of existing bitcoins
and for someone to do that he needs to be one of the top 10 wealthiest billionaires Cool Kiss

Top 10 wealthiest billionaires of 2017
Code:
No. Name Net worth (USD) Age Nationality Source(s) of wealth
1 Bill Gates $86.0 billion 61 United States Microsoft
2 Warren Buffett $75.6 billion 86 United States Berkshire Hathaway
3 Jeff Bezos $72.8 billion 53 United States Amazon
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
If someone bought up all the existing bitcoins,  the price of bitcoin would so much expensive. Bitcoin would be something scarce. Or it could be that there would be another coin which replaces bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you
Well, this person would probably after such an investment terribly rich, because the demand will be with him just unreal, and this probably just can not happen as we would not want it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Some questions outrightly are dumb. If you know how much there is to mine, you wouldn't even ever think of attempting that. Get it straight! Bitcoin's price is a rollercoaster for anyone to think of attempting it.
Activity: 82
He wouldn't have to purchase every one of them. On the off chance that his buying streak drives costs up so high, or so quick, that no one will offer them or utilize them, at that point for every single commonsense reason, bitcoin is dead. A cash with no current isn't.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Just the way one individual cannot buy up the whole Gold  globally, BTC  is a digital currency on demand  by alot of  investors that believe in the currency and are ready to keep investing, with this in  place an individual migth just hold a high stake, those are called whales who have impact in the space.
Activity: 384
It seems you are overdoing it. How can anyone buy bitcoin all of them. If that happens maybe there will be no other transactions, and surely the price of bitcoin will decrease. But I don't think that will happen. No one might buy all available bitcoins. That's just my opinion.
Activity: 195
it is not possible for a single person to buy  up the whole of bitcoin. several people coming together to purchase or sell Btc Makes the market interesting and competitive and that is why more people are coming to invest in  it.
Activity: 59
If it really happens then there will become the shortage of bitcoin and the price of bitcoin start rising as it will continue till it become available in the market.
Activity: 37
I think that's crazy. if someone buys all the existing btc then who will buy back and maybe the btc will die
Activity: 24
The market will cease to exist. But this is a priori impossible, because it makes no sense. Unless there is for someone any sense to buy for example in Kazakhstan all tenge? Another value can have a significant purchase of an asset, such as D. Soros bought the pound, and then brought it down and bought again.
Activity: 140
Market monopoly will occur and he can control all available price volumes, but this is not possible because investors are not careless in maintaining their assets.

a very reasonable monopoly on the stock market, but will not find a price balance if it is not widespread. in terms of usage, many large investors are aware and choose not to accumulate just to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
If granted that he can buy all the remaining bitcoin, then he'll probably the biggest WHALE of bitcoin. Possible things may happen to cryptoworld will be a healthy market and of course, bitcoin's market cap and price will also skyrocketed to the moon. The only problem with that is that when that someone sold all of his bitcoin soon as the market price of each bitcoin is getting so high than the price when he bought it.
Activity: 32
Impossible. As soon as they start buying massive amounts people will raise their prices up to 1 million dollars a Bitcoin and they'll never get them all.
Activity: 33
They would push up the price a tremendous amount. But as for "monopolizing" Bitcoin, what could they do then? Owning a large number of bitcoins doesn't mean you control Bitcoin
Activity: 1260
Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you

It is not easy to buy all of bitcoin. If you buy much btc on the exchange, the price will go spiking and resulting to higher and higher price to be bought.
Some peoples may cancel their sell order, and put back the order with the higher price and make the price even higher than before.
Need a massive amount of money to buy all of existing btc, almost impossible.
Pages:
Jump to: